Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Wyse PocketCloud 2.0

Wyse PocketCloud 2.0

Hi,

Have updated to PocketCloud version 2 and come across a few usability issues with it:

When minimising the toolbar on the old version it left a little stub on the bottom right, now it disappears completely and seems to be no way to bring it back, meaning if I minimise then you can no longer choose the thin browser tool etc.

The transparent mouse tool is now too transparent, making it very difficult to see.

Moving the mouse tool to the right makes the screen auto-scroll, it scrolls way too early and it would be nice to be able to disable the auto scroll.

The mouse tool scroll above is inconsistent, it scrolls when moved to the right, but not if you move to the bottom (eg if you want to use it with the windows taskbar).

Craig

200 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

Madred,
Thanks for your patience. Let me make sure I'm on the same page. I assume you are not using the new "Auto Discovery" feature, right (it's a manual RDP connection)? Is this over WiFi or 3G? How often is the disconnection happening? When it disconnects, you cannot click on the same connection to reconnect?

925 Posts

what are your view server settings? ssl turned off? disclaimer turned on?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
Armchair, it's bad to hear you are having problems and we will do our best to address them. We have tested using the scrolling functionality inside big excel spreadsheets on a 64-bit Win 7 Enterprise machine but did not find this problem. We have also tried against XP and 2003 but can't reproduce it yet. Are you seeing this with all your applications? Do you have by any chance any other desktop you can test this against?

Hi Daniel. Thanks for responding. I'll do some systematic testing of several desktops in my home and report back in a day or two with more details. What I can say is that prior to the upgrade, I was extremely happy with my configuration. The issue repros on Win7 Ultimate x64 with IE, Visual Studio 2010, and an old copy of HomeSite. Those are the only apps I've tried so far. My Wyse setting on the iPad is 10x7 in landscape mode.

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cguy View Post
Hi,

Have updated to PocketCloud version 2 and come across a few usability issues with it:

When minimising the toolbar on the old version it left a little stub on the bottom right, now it disappears completely and seems to be no way to bring it back, meaning if I minimise then you can no longer choose the thin browser tool etc.

The transparent mouse tool is now too transparent, making it very difficult to see.

Moving the mouse tool to the right makes the screen auto-scroll, it scrolls way too early and it would be nice to be able to disable the auto scroll.

The mouse tool scroll above is inconsistent, it scrolls when moved to the right, but not if you move to the bottom (eg if you want to use it with the windows taskbar).

Craig

I just purchased the app tonight. The first few times I connected I could hide the status bar and the tab would stay that would allow me to bring the status bar back. I turned on the hide status bar option just to test it and now the tab to bring the status bar back is missing. Even when I turn the hide status bar option off it acts like it left the hide status bar option on in the background. I tried changing my resolution but nothing would affect it. 

I am also experiencing the weird screen scrolling if I move the advanced mouse menu to the right side of the screen. 

Can you please fix or refund. Can't believe you charge $15 for something with such obvious bugs.

200 Posts

Armchair, it's bad to hear you are having problems and we will do our best to address them. We have tested using the scrolling functionality inside big excel spreadsheets on a 64-bit Win 7 Enterprise machine but did not find this problem. We have also tried against XP and 2003 but can't reproduce it yet. Are you seeing this with all your applications? Do you have by any chance any other desktop you can test this against?

200 Posts

Armchair, thanks for the additional information. We'll do some additional testing on our end as well. As a side note: An alternative way to scroll within a document is by tap-hold to fingers and then moving the two fingers up/down the screen. Let us know if that helps at all.

1 Message

August 7th, 2015 03:00

When is the next maintenance release due?

925 Posts

Regarding view connection, Please just edit your connection and update port to 443 if you are using ssl or port 80 if you not using ssl. Please do not edit any other fields. Thanks

925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MadRed View Post

I am running windows 7 x64 pro, but how does it have anything to do with it? I am usind RDP, so the client should be able to reconnect after short loss of connectivity. The option in the settings is set to reconnect but it does not look like its working. Please advise as this is very annoying.

Hi Madred, Thank you for your question. It does matter. we do have a agent running on windows operating system which might behave different on different operating system. Are you able to reconnect on any other system besides win7 64 bit.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Thank you Armchair for your constructive feedback! Hope we dont surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
The problems I'm seeing are on an iPad when using 2.0 to connect to a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate desktop. Really surprised that Wyse let this upgrade out the door with such a major bug that could have been exposed with little more than 30 seconds of hands-on testing. Call me "Old School", but scrolling is core functionality that you'd expect would be at the top of a test suite whenever a new version is rolled out.

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
Onlyonce1: Are you using an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? We have been able to reproduce and address the problems you are reporting and you will see this addressed in the next maintanance release.

We are on the iPad. 

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If you could add a disconnect option to the two finger tap advanced mouse menu the I could get by when the status bar disappears. Everything on the status bar is accessible through the advanced mouse menu except disconnect. 

It seems like larger resolutions have more trouble keeping the bar hidden.

200 Posts

The maintanance release is scheduled for the next couple of weeks but it has to go thru Apple's approval. Most of the concerns on this thread will be addressed and we will notify you accordingly.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

Onlyonce1: Are you using an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? We have been able to reproduce and address the problems you are reporting and you will see this addressed in the next maintanance release.

No Events found!