Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 29th, 2015 03:00

Wyse PocketCloud Pro closing when selecting "Skip Auto Discovery"

Wyse PocketCloud Pro closing when selecting "Skip Auto Discovery"

Having had a good experience with the free version, I decided to purchase the Pro version for the extra features. With the free version, I am able to Skip Auto Discovery with no problem, enter the hostname that I want to connect to (using RDP) and get right in with no issue.

When I attempt to go through the same steps using the Pro Version, after I select 'Skip Auto Discover'y a brief item with a 'Show Next Time' Checkbox and an OK button comes up on the screen and then PocketCloud closes out. It resembles a tip of the day screen, with no content in it? and then the application closes.

8 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Exclamation In addition to this..

Auto Discovery results in the same thing, PocketCloud crashes after I enter in my Google credentials... this renders PocketCloud completely unusable.

The funny thing is, the free version seems to work without issue? I may be about to request a refund for this product if I can't get this resolved.

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Can you try de-installing both the Free & Pro versions and then re-downloading ONLY the Pro version?

-Chris
Wyse Technology

8 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Is this a bug in the Pro version?

8 Posts

Exclamation Still crashing 

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Can you try de-installing both the Free & Pro versions and then re-downloading ONLY the Pro version?

-Chris
Wyse Technology

I now have removed both PocketCloud (Free) and PocketCloud Pro, re-downloaded Pro ONLY and the crashing problem still occurs like described before.

8 Posts

Post iPod with Firmware 3.1.3 

What device and firmware version is this problem occurring on? 
The device is an iPod with firmware version 3.1.3

544 Posts

Thanks for the report. Seems to be an issue that is specific with 3.1.3. Until we resolve this in our next release your options are:

1) Upgrade to the latest version of the iOS firmware.
2) Sign in to Auto Discovery with a Gmail account.

544 Posts

It will be fixed in the next version which is going to be released in 3-6 weeks.

8 Posts

When will there be a fix for this?

8 Posts

Thanks for the report. Seems to be an issue that is specific with 3.1.3. Until we resolve this in our next release your options are:

1) Upgrade to the latest version of the iOS firmware.
2) Sign in to Auto Discovery with a Gmail account. 

The iOS is upgraded to the latest 3.x that will work on my device.

544 Posts

What device and firmware version is this problem occurring on?

8 Posts

-Chris
Wyse Technology 

I will give that a try, and see how it goes.
No Events found!