Suchitha
3 Cadmium

RE: XP.pro, RDP and VNC connections fail

If your using Windows XP go to start-control panel-network connections and right click your connection.
Click properties and then click internet protocol(tcp/ip) then click properties. 
If 'obtain an ip address automatically 'is checked then your not behind a proxy.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
speedlever
2 Bronze

In my local WLAN, I have IPs assigned statically (set up in my router.) The same scenario exists for the remote XP/home machine mentioned above that shows up in my list.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Hi Speedlever, Can you please make sure you use the external IP for your pro. Are you logged into the companion on the pro. Can you please run a diagnostic. Please right click on the yellow color kite icon-Diagnostic

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
speedlever
2 Bronze

Thanks for your help.

I ran the diagnostic:

Then I ran the test again from AutoDiscovery:

I checked my router's IP assignments and realized that I had the laptop connected via ethernet. The IP address above is the one I assigned to the ethernet port.

I then disconnected the ethernet cable and turned on wireless and ran the diagnostic again and see the correct assigned IP for the wireless port:

I then ran AutoDiscovery again, and had the same failed connectivity as depicted above. No need to post the same image again.

0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Do you have vnc application running on the xp pro?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
speedlever
2 Bronze

It's not listed in the uninstall list. So I would have to say no.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Please install vnc app (not as service) user mode,
logout of companion.
login back.
Now try connecting .

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
speedlever
2 Bronze

I installed VNC. Now the companion shows connectivity via VNC. Checked my iPad and now my xp.pro laptop shows up in the list.

I thought that xp.pro was supposed to be able to connect via RDP and thus VNC was not needed?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Glad it shows up. with pro you should be able to connect using rdp as well. 
Please make sure rdp is configured right. Computer-right click -properties-remote desktop.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
speedlever
2 Bronze

Here is what I show. Is there anything/anywhere else?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos