Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 1st, 2015 03:00

can I connect to my PC while it's off?

can I connect to my PC while it's off?

I tried connecting to my laptop from another location (Using Ipad 1) while it was off using pocketcloud but it would not connect. Does the app only work when the laptop is on? If that's the case it defeats the purpose of the app for me...

If that's not the case, then can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do in order to be able to connect to my laptop (which is a Windows 7) while it is off.

Really appreciate the help.

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

HI Cnu, The remote machine needs to be on for any connectivity protocol to work. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

gangsta, sleep mode is fine not when it is switched off. I will look into the sleep issue. I will try to reproduce it here.
Thanks! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 01:00

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

HI Cnu, The remote machine needs to be on for any connectivity protocol to work. 

I would think it would make sense if you was able to connect to your pc whilst it's in sleep or hibernate mode? Is this not why we have wake on LAN in bios?

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

ASAP, Please turn off sleep mode on the desktop as a workaround.  

Wyse PocketCloud Team

To Wyse PocketCloud Team : why don't you integrate the tool to send packet to wake on (w)lan. We find such tools on android market but it is not integrate to pocketcloud.

925 Posts

Hi Asap, we are aware of this sleep issue . We are working on it! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!