Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 04:00

could not connect to server

could not connect to server

Like a few others, I was happily using Pocketcloud Pro last week but now get the message "Could not connect to server" when I try to make a connection. 

I have not changed anything since last week, so I am wondering if it is an issue with Wyse rather than my iphone or the PC where I am running Pocketcloud companion and TightVNC?

I have tried uninstalling Pocketcloud Pro and reinstalling as per the instructions in another post and this has not helped.

I am running IOS 4.0.2 on my iphone

Any advice, please?

3 Posts

July 31st, 2015 21:00

I have the exacts same problem with my i phone (3.1.2) worked fine last week this week and weekend get cant connect to server.

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of the connection issue with PocketCloud Auto Discovery and are working to resolve it ASAP. Meanwhile you can use the Manual connection option which covered in the PocketCloud User Guide:http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...hone/index.asp

Wyse PocketCloud Team

2 Posts

Instead of having to search the various threads to see updates on when the problem with "Could not Connect to server" errors will be resolved, there should be a sticky that has a status from Wyse.

What is the issue?
What's being done about it?
When will it be fixed?
How will we know when a new download is available?

Wyse support needs to take ownership and be proactive. Email customers with a link to the new download as soon as it's ready instead of having your paid customers keep wasting time searching your forums for tidbits of vague information.

Cannot connect

I, too, can no longer connect.

I installed Pocket Cloud on my iPad about 2 weeks ago, and it worked fantastically. For the last week or so, I haven't been able to connect at all.

I was connecting to my desktop and to my notebook, both of which are running the Companion. Nothing has changed on either of those computers. Thinking the problem may be with the application on the iPad, I deleted Pocket Cloud from the iPad, and re-installed it, but am still experiencing the same problem. I am using the self-discovery option.

Pocket Cloud sees both my computers on the network, but when I try to connect, the gear turns for about 30 seconds, then returns the message "RDP Session Disconnected. Exit Reconnect".

Through the Settings page, I've "Erased All Connections", and started again.
I've shut down the iPad completely and restarted.
I've restarted both computers.
I've signed in to Pocket Cloud and Companion with a different Gmail address.
Sometimes, after I've entered my Gmail user ID and password, it takes a long time to get to the next step, and sometimes it doesn't get there, and then I force it to start again.

Is there anything else I can try, or has this now been identfied as a Pocket Cloud problem, as was alluded to in one of the posts?

Details of my setup are as follows:
Device: iPad 1
Device OS version: 4.2.1 8C148
Computer OS version: Windows XP (SP2)
App version: 2.1.117
Connection method: Discovered / Wi-Fi
Environment of the remote PCs: Home (1 desktop, 1 notebook)

12 Posts

Same problem here on my iPad 2.

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 08:00

Thanks kmar for your valuable input. we will post as soon as we can. Waiting for some input .

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

The new build is available at the top of the forum. Thank you for your patience.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

No Events found!