Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 28th, 2015 07:00

iPad 1 (4.3) with PocketCloud Pro (cannot connect to server)

Angry iPad 1 (4.3) with PocketCloud Pro (cannot connect to server)

I am a new user of Pocket Cloud Pro from a new iPad (4.3). I have run out of ideas on how to correct the recurring "cannot connect to server" message. I have two different Mac OS X machines (10.6) with VNC enabled. The Google account is set up, configured tested using the companion tools okay. I am not sure of the relationship between the Google account and connection on a local network but it tests out okay. Having paid for this software I must say that I am not thrilled by the product at this point. As an IT professional, I am using this as a potential solution to several access issues I have in my environment. Auto discovery "sees" the machines without problem but I have never been able to connect. I'm pretty sure my credentials are solid but still no joy. Has anybody got this product to work?

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgrimmet View Post

I am a new user of Pocket Cloud Pro from a new iPad (4.3). I have run out of ideas on how to correct the recurring "cannot connect to server" message. I have two different Mac OS X machines (10.6) with VNC enabled. The Google account is set up, configured tested using the companion tools okay. I am not sure of the relationship between the Google account and connection on a local network but it tests out okay. Having paid for this software I must say that I am not thrilled by the product at this point. As an IT professional, I am using this as a potential solution to several access issues I have in my environment. Auto discovery "sees" the machines without problem but I have never been able to connect. I'm pretty sure my credentials are solid but still no joy. Has anybody got this product to work?
This software is *** as evidenced by all the problem posts here and they have no intention of refunding your money,!

4 Posts

Seems to be a big issue. Admin aren't shedding much light, and no chance of a refund!!

3 Posts

July 30th, 2015 01:00

Judging by all of the posts with similar issues, this appears to be a major problem with this product and I have no option but to recommend to my organization and to all others IT peers that this product is not ready for use in a real IT environment. It appears that the support folks have been aware of this issue for some time but have been unable or unwilling to offer any hope that a resolution is forthcoming. Quite disappointing that formerly reliable vendors can, in good conscience, offer a product that is defective in every important respect and charge for it only to then scam their potential customers out of both their money and, perhaps more importantly, the time involved in discovering that the product is worthless. In this case, the time wasted trying to get this high-school software project effort to perform it's most basic function is worth far more than the money spent on this alpha release. I resent wasting valuable cycles testing this exceptionally poor product like the developers should have done prior to release. Last Wyse product I will consider be assured. I've been a user of Wyse products since the mid 80's and it's very disappointing to see a long term player in this industry sink so low as to begin offering product into the market that doesn't perform even it's most basic functions as advertised. Shame on Wyse.

544 Posts

July 30th, 2015 01:00

This problem will be fixed by a new companion update which we can send you tomorrow. In the mean time you can connect by creating a manual connection.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

July 31st, 2015 05:00

Quote Originally Posted by sgrimmet View Post
Judging by all of the posts with similar issues, this appears to be a major problem with this product and I have no option but to recommend to my organization and to all others IT peers that this product is not ready for use in a real IT environment. It appears that the support folks have been aware of this issue for some time but have been unable or unwilling to offer any hope that a resolution is forthcoming. Quite disappointing that formerly reliable vendors can, in good conscience, offer a product that is defective in every important respect and charge for it only to then scam their potential customers out of both their money and, perhaps more importantly, the time involved in discovering that the product is worthless. In this case, the time wasted trying to get this high-school software project effort to perform it's most basic function is worth far more than the money spent on this alpha release. I resent wasting valuable cycles testing this exceptionally poor product like the developers should have done prior to release. Last Wyse product I will consider be assured. I've been a user of Wyse products since the mid 80's and it's very disappointing to see a long term player in this industry sink so low as to begin offering product into the market that doesn't perform even it's most basic functions as advertised. Shame on Wyse.

We value your feedback. This issue with Google arose a few days ago and we have been working as quickly as possible to resolve it. It wasn't related to a bug in our product but rather a change in Google's APIs that prevents PocketCloud from establishing a connection. Again, this issue will be resolved with a new companion update very soon. It should also be noted that we do offer a free version of our product that prospective customer can try before purchasing. We are sorry for all the conveniences that this issue has caused you.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

3 Posts

July 31st, 2015 07:00

Thanks Suchitha! So far the IP address method works. 
Another question
I am reaching a bit here, but is it possible to have a 3 button mouse function within pocket cloud? (i.e. for software that uses a scroll or some other action with a 3rd mouse button.)

Thanks for this. Now got it working and this reply is from my iPad. Bit tricky to use,
but does now work. Will check my other machines later.

925 Posts

Hi Sean,
First, Do you have internet access while you are connecting. please go to any website using your device browser.
If you are doing a manual connection please make sure you have vpn On(same network as the host machine).

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

I installed the new build (I paid for the pro version) and it worked the 1st time I tried it on 3/25 and has worked only once since then over several tries (approx 20 time since Friday 3/25). I have removed and re-installed in on my PC running windows XP - Pro 2002 Service Pack 3. My Ipad is running 4.3 Any advice here?

544 Posts

The new build is available at the top of the forum. Thank you for your patience.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

925 Posts

Hi Thuggi, I am glad it worked. Regarding your request, I think it is possible . will pass this information to the team. Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

I just tried Chris' suggestion and I now have a working (?) connection to a single iMac using a manual connection which suggests a problem with the auto discovery (companion) software which is a major feature of the product and our attempts to make this useful to non-IT people. At least I can begin some of the additional acceptance testing that will be required before this product can be considered for production deployment. I think someone in development at Wyse should burn some late night oil to get a companion revision done real soon.

925 Posts

Hi Thug,

Please try this:

Try using IP address instead of dns name. If this does not work, Try upgrading ios to 4.3.1.
Please let us know if this works!

Thank you !

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

Hi,

I'm able to connect to my laptop from my Ipad/HTC andriod when at home but if I'm out of the house/ out of WIFI reach of my router I'm not able to connect it. Why is it so? 

Pls advise.....

925 Posts

Dave, Let us know if you have any issues. we are glad it works!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!