Landers-2015
1 Nickel

RE: iPad 3G problem

Thanks a lot, Mr. Chris!
I SOLVE... Partially!
The problem was the APN name in the SIM setup, my provider had me another APN name and now it works.
Just to' be' extact, Now I can estabilish a normal connection on 3G, but i can't a VPN connection on 3G. I mean that VPN connection doesn't start, while my provider said me that my plane is able to turn on VPN connections.
Any ideas about?

P.S. The por t forwarding was ok also before the APN name changing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rmontalvo1
3 Zinc

Port forwarding allows you to "GET IN" to your network. The port forwarding you need to enable is for your home network. When connecting via Wi-fi, you are still using your network, so port forwarding has no effect. On the other hand, when using 3G, you are going outside of your network and if port forwarding is not setup properly or it's not enabled, you will not be allowed to connect. One way to verify if port forwarding is working correctly, go to your office PC and try to connect to your home PC using your standard RDP client. If you can connect from there, you should be able to connect from PocketCloud. You can also use the same method to verify that you can connect to your office using your home PC. 

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 Kudos
Landers-2015
1 Nickel

Hi Mr. RMontalvo,
I'd like to' thank you and all your staff about helping me.
As I said in the past thread, I solved only partially my problem, because now I can connect using 3G without problem.
The only thing I cannot do just now is to estabilish a VPN connection, but I think it depends only by my phone carrier (I need to estabilish the VPN before run the app, but VPN doesn't work).
I'll try to' solve this my last inconvenience with my carrier.
Thank you again.
Landers

P.S. For my accuracy, I have updated right now my old review on the app store panel.

0 Kudos