Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

July 29th, 2015 21:00

iPad app automatically closes (video included)

iPad app automatically closes (video included)

Device -iPad.
Device OS version - 4.2.1
Computer OS version - Windows 7 64 bit Professional
App version - Latest version (app will not load - see video)
Connection method - Auto Discovery
Environment of the remote PC - Office
Pictures and videos are worth a thousand words.

http://www.screencast.com/t/PG0idHnQybM

I've used this app before. I've had a number of issues with it loading on the iPad correctly. I'm using the Windows companion v2.1.5.

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Thanks for the video. So it looks like the app never launches? Can you delete it, reboot your iPad, and then re-install it? See if that solves your issue.

Thanks,

Chris
Wyse Technology

10 Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Thanks for the video. So it looks like the app never launches? Can you delete it, reboot your iPad, and then re-install it? See if that solves your issue.

Thanks,

Chris
Wyse Technology

Ok, so I reinstalled the app and can get it to run, but only if I turn off the wifi on the iPad. As soon as I enable the wifi on the iPad the app will not load at all. I can browse web sites fine with wifi turned on. Is there a special port that PocketCloud uses that isn't 80/443? Would that cause the app to not load as we only allow web ports out of our firewall.

Chris

10 Posts

August 1st, 2015 05:00

I can confirm that this works from home where the ports are not blocked. Thanks for providing info. I'd like to make a suggestion that if the port gets blocked a notification pops up instead of auto closing the app. That's very frustrating.

Chris

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 05:00

There is a known issue where the app will crash if you are signed into Auto Discovery and it cannot establish a internet connection. That would explain why it is working over 3G but not Wi-Fi. Your firewall could be blocking the port. Try opening up 5222.

-Chris

1 Message

August 5th, 2015 04:00

Justin

Ok I've having the same issue with the program suddenly closing. I've tried to deleting the app and reinstalling it. I understand the issue is that we block port 5222 on our wireless here. I have 2 questions though...

1. Is there a way to disable autodiscovery because I use VMware View here at work to connect to my desktop and don't need the autodiscovery.

2.If I have to poke a hole in our wireless firewall just to use the app I need to know more specifics. I'm a network admin at a school district and policy states I just can't pop a hole like that. How ever I can open port 5222 to certain locations. So what server is Pocketcloud needing to connect too over 5222 in order for the application to even run?

Justin

No Events found!