Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 30th, 2015 06:00

iPad iOS 4.2.1 - Keyboard errors on Mac OSX 10.6, with Mac native VNC -

iPad iOS 4.2.1 - Keyboard errors on Mac OSX 10.6, with Mac native VNC -

OS versions as above: The keyboard handler seems to not translate "shifted" keys properly, some samples are...

When I type shift c the Mac screen shows c (lowercase) , instead of C (uppercase)
When I type shift t the Mac screen shows t (lowercase) , instead of T (uppercase)
When I type shift , the Mac screen shows 1 (lowercase) , instead of ! (uppercase)
When I type @ on the numeric key page the Mac screen shows 2 , instead of @ ....etc

It seems the keyboard mapping or keystroke emulation is in error.

When can we get and iPad code fix or perhaps a recommended solution "setting" for the Mac/VNC server setup if that is where the error is.

544 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

Works fine for me with iOS 4.2.1 and OS X 10.6. Are you using the virtual keyboard on the iPad or the external keyboard? What language is your iPad set to?

6 Posts

Virtual keyboard on the iPad.
For the General settings I have all the auto features on the first "keyboard" setup page set ON and
inside the Keyboard setup pages I have.... International keyboards/English/QWERTY/U.S.

6 Posts

Chris, do you any help my system is still not operating ?

6 Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

I can and do connect easily,... It the character mapping... Is there some setting in the VNC that you have that I do not ?

Hi Gdclark57,

Could please let us know the language and input source setting in your Mac desktop?

Thanks,
Yu-Te

544 Posts

Can you install the Mac Companion and then try again? Also can you reset your VNC password to something without any special characters like a explanation point and see if you can connect? Thanks

6 Posts

I can.... But Why would the companion change the key board mapping? And when I type here you are getting C and ! With the same key stroke sequence for the same iPad keyboard..

The content off the password in itself is not the issue, it the fact that I cannot type
ANY shifted characters which includes ALL capitals... Etc

6 Posts

I note that this tread has the same problem.. he cannot get the ! characters to work....

THREAD" VNC Connects to Mac, can't input "!" which is part of my password!"

No Events found!