Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 02:00

iPhone will only connect over 3G - won't connect with wifi

iPhone will only connect over 3G - won't connect with wifi

I'm able to connect PocketCloud Pro on my iPad to my Windows 7 box via RDP and VPN, but it will only connect if I am using 3G.

If I try to connect while running Wi-fi, it just says "Could not connect to server."

I have tried Wi-fi on the same network as the Windows 7 box, and I have also tried it on a different wireless network that has a different IP schema - no luck on either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

925 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

hi Cody,Are you doing a manual connection or using auto discovery using your gmail address?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

If manual, Please try to connect to the same host -using windows rdp client on the same wifi.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

I am doing an automatic connection through a gmail account. 

I've also tried it on 2 different devices, an iPhone and an iPad - same results on both devices: only will connect when I'm using 3G.

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Cody ,

Fw things to try out:
Do a manual connection to the same desktop.
Try killing the app and restarting it. Now connect using autodiscovery. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Cody , when you switch from 3g to wifi, you are unable to connect right?
Please logout from gmail and login back. Please let me know what happens. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

You are correct. Here is what I just did:
1. Connected via 3G using RDP - worked perfectly and I'm able to connect.
2. Turned 3G off, and switched Wi-Fi on. Tried connecting via RDP again, got an error message "RDP Session Disconnected"
3. Signed out from gmail on both iPhone and my PocketCloud Companion machine, signed back in on both, tried to connect via RDP with Wi-Fi, got the error message "RDP Session Disconnected"
4. Tried connecting via VPN with Wi-Fi, got the error message "Could not connect to server."

My Wi-Fi and PocketCloud Companion machine were on the same network for this test.

August 6th, 2015 00:00

I want to stay away from manual connections because I don't want to do port routing and I want to stay away from static IP's. 
However, I did more tests this weekend. I brought my computer home and was able to connect on that network via Wi-Fi with both devices on my home network. So it seems that the issue has something to do with my work network. I'm not sure what to check at work. We are behind a SonicWall Router/Firewall, a Windows server handles the DHCP, and we have a separate Linksys wireless router as an access point. Do you think it's a setting in the wireless router?

Yes, I can connect to the wireless access point from any computer that is on the network.

925 Posts

Hi cody, Can you connect to thia access point using other computer in the same network. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!