Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 09:00

ios4 multitasking

ios4 multitasking

Is there any plans to allow the app to be suspended when another app is opened in ios4? It seems to simply drop any open sessions as soon as another application is opened.

9 Posts

Ok, but could you offer the option to automatically reconnect when the program is unsuspended?

200 Posts

This is a good suggestion. We'll definitely consider it for a future release.

200 Posts

dmaunder, this is planned for a future release and we are looking into it. Note that when we add suspend support the RDP/VNC connections will eventually get disconnected and you will be back to the home screen since iOS4 does not allow us to maintain a TCP connection to the server while we are suspended.

August 1st, 2015 02:00

I do not understand, because my telnet application does not loose the connection with the server when I switch from one app to the other. Is there a technical issue with rdp?

200 Posts

August 4th, 2015 03:00

The problem is that the TCP connection times out after a while, but this would not happen if you switch back after a short time.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Quote Originally Posted by Halr9000 View Post
Do you have an ETA for multitasking? I can't wait, it would make a lot of sense.

Yes, this would be a HUGE improvement to an already terrific app.

I was never able to keep the rdp session open even by switching quickly between my telnet app for example and your app. I always go back to the home screen (with the landscape/portrait issue mentioned in another thread) and the session is dropped. I'm not sure therefore that it is only a timeout issue.

200 Posts

The dev team is already working on this. They've found sound corner case issues and hopefully we'll be able to resolve them soon. Thank you for your patience!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

You are correct, we will enable multi-tasking on a future release so that you can quickly switch between applications. I was just pointing out that even when that is enabled, the connections will drop if you switch away from PocketCloud for too long.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

Do you have an ETA for multitasking? I can't wait, it would make a lot of sense.

544 Posts

August 6th, 2015 03:00

Multitasking is coming in the next release  .

This would be a great feature. I have another RDP client that works this way, and it is great if I want to check my email or calendar.

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by jaqrs View Post
This would be a great feature. I have another RDP client that works this way, and it is great if I want to check my email or calendar.

Yes---I'd love to see this. I access my EMR (electronic medical record) via RDP and this is my favorite RDP client, save for the multitasking bit.

544 Posts

By the end of Q1.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

1 Message

So when is the next release coming out?

No Events found!