Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 09:00

session disconnected on iphone, but works perfectly on ipad

session disconnected on iphone, but works perfectly on ipad

I install Pocketcloud on my iphone and my ipad. Both works perfectly on acessing my Windows 2003 server via RDP.

But some days ago, the iphone do not connect any more to his server, but the ipad keep working !

If I try to access other server from the iphone, it works, only do not work on my Windows 2003 server ! But again, accessing this server via ipad , it works.

After search a lot on web, I saw a solution from Microsoft, but as I can't access anything on iphone, I could not try :

Microsoft says 01 :

The RDP client for Macintosh stores the license in a file on
local computer in the folder hierarchy under / users / Shared / Microsoft / RDC
Crucial Server Information /. To clear the cache client license
Macintosh, delete the contents of that folder. The client tries to obtain a new
license server the next time you connect.

Other solution that works on Windows systems is :

Microsoft says 02 :

Delete the repository and the registry subkeys ClientHWID
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft can not guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Delete the following registry keys on your computer based on Windows Server 2003:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ MSLicensing \ Store
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ MSLicensing \ HardwareID \ ClientHWID
To do this, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
In Registry Editor, locate and expand the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ MSLicensing
Click the right mouse button in storage and then click Delete.
In MSLicensing (still in the left pane of the Registry Editor), click HardwareID.
In the right pane of the Registry Editor, click the right mouse button ClientHWID and then click Delete.

Any one can help me ?

Any suggestion ???

August 13th, 2015 03:00

This problem happens on 3G and wifi.

With both on wifi the problem happens. 
With both are on 3G , the problem happens too. 

In any situation IPad connects, iPhone not. But this started last week ...

My connection is manual on both , I do not have credentials to install the companion software on this server.

They are exactaly the same! I try to reinstall the aplication , update iOS to 4.2.1, delete network iPhone configurations, delete accounts of pocketcloud pro, and nothing fix the problem !

I'll give up and install another software ...

544 Posts

1) Are both the iPhone and iPad on the same Wi-Fi network or are one or both of them on 3G?
2) Can you tell me if you are connecting through a Automatic or Manual connection on both the iPhone and iPad?

544 Posts

On and your iPad and iPhone click on "Edit" next to the connection. Make sure the settings match on both of them.

-Chris

6 Posts

August 13th, 2015 04:00

I will second this problem and would like a solution

Up until a few weeks ago both iPad and iPhone were working well with our Terminal Servers (RDP) and then all of a sudden the iPhone couldn't connect.

The PocketCloud for iPhone can make an RDP to any other Windows operating system. It seems to be related to Windows Server 2003 only however I have not tested earlier version.

When connecting with the iPhone, it attempts connection then immediately displays "PocketCloud Pro: Session Disconnected".

Testing scenario:
1. RDP connection settings are the same on both iPad and iPhone
2. Tested on both WIFI and 3G with PocketCloud/PocketCloud Pro
3. The 'RDP' iPhone app can make a successful connection with the same settings

Can the Development team test the latest version of PocketCloud for iPhone (2.2.223) with a Windows Server 2003?

544 Posts

Did Microsoft recently release a patch or service pack that could be potentially causing this problem?

6 Posts

Thanks for your response, in that case I'll need to do from 'back to base' testing and get back to you.

6 Posts

I believe the issue should be logged as a application compatibility defect between PocketCloud for iPhone & Windows Server 2003 and further investigated by the Wyse development team.

The key point to keep in mind is that the iPad application works fine.

544 Posts

I can't reproduce this issue on my Windows 2003 Server when connecting over a manual RDP connection. That's why I'm asking for more details. I can't pass this to our development team without telling them how to reproduce it.

544 Posts

August 13th, 2015 05:00

Hi - Thanks for your feedback. Our Development Team is looking into this issue and we will get back to you as soon as we figure out what's going on.

-Chris

6 Posts

August 13th, 2015 05:00

I ran further tests and was able to connect to another Win2k3 server we have here. Applied all the same patches as the server which I could not connect to. Patches weren't the problem.

Then I realised that it most likely has to do with licensing as outlined in my other thread: http://community.wyse.com/forum/show...e-Renewal-(RDP)

So as it turns out when a temporary Microsoft CAL token expires in PocketCloud and there were no permanent licenses free on the server you receive the message "PocketCloud Pro: Session Disconnected" which is the reported problem.

So there you go. Solution is either-

1. Be patient and wait for a permanent license to expire on another device
2. Contact IT department and request more Microsoft Terminal Server CALs be purchased
3. Hope that Wyse figures out a way to remove the temporary token so a new one can be issued by the target server

No Events found!