Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 3rd, 2015 00:00

unable to connect to desktop

unable to connect to desktop

Hi, I am a new user trying to connect using PocketCloud Pro via iPad to my Windows 7 computer. I am using Automatic Discovery in conjunction with a GMAIL account and the connection is successfully discovered on my iPad. When I attempt to connect from the iPad, however, I consistently get the message "Session Disconnected". I have tried a number of things including reinstalling the companion and atttempting to configure a manual connection myself. I am out of ideas... Can you help?

The VNC connection is automatically being configured. I am running Windows 7 Professional. My guess is that the appropriate connection would be RDP?

Thanks!

August 3rd, 2015 00:00

Hi,

I have the exact same problem (and same configuration ipad-win7) and have no clue how to solve the issue. Dissapointed so far by the app. Glad I downloaded the free one to test first.

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 01:00

Hey guys, sorry to hear you are having trouble staying / getting connected. Take a look at our knowledge-base topic related to this and see if it helps:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...n-disconnected

Please let me know if you are experiencing trouble after trying this and we can troubleshoot it some more.

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 01:00

Thanks Josh, I will be looking again later today and tomorrow perhaps. I did find UltraVNC installed on my Windows 7 box and I have removed it and attempted the automatic discovery step again but got the same results. For some reason it wants to configure a VNC connection which does not appear to be appropriate for the box I am connecting to - Windows 7 Professional...

3 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

Hi Josh,

Some additional information... I tested my iPad with Wyse Pocketcloud Pro (2.2.223) connecting to a Windows XP box and this connection worked flawlessly. However, performing the exact same steps using my iPad (IOS 5) connecting to my Windows 7 box produces unsatisfactory results. It either trys to configure a VNC connection or does not configure any connection at all. I don't think I can say conclusively (yet) that it will not work on a Windows 7 configuratiuon, it just does not work on MY Windows 7 (professional) configuration.

I am trying to evaluate this App against another connectivity App on the iPad platform to decide which App we want to deploy on multiple iPads in the field. I would really like to get this working if possible...

Thanks!

Tim

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DPCTCS View Post
Hi Josh,

Some additional information... I tested my iPad with Wyse Pocketcloud Pro (2.2.223) connecting to a Windows XP box and this connection worked flawlessly. However, performing the exact same steps using my iPad (IOS 5) connecting to my Windows 7 box produces unsatisfactory results. It either trys to configure a VNC connection or does not configure any connection at all. I don't think I can say conclusively (yet) that it will not work on a Windows 7 configuratiuon, it just does not work on MY Windows 7 (professional) configuration.

I am trying to evaluate this App against another connectivity App on the iPad platform to decide which App we want to deploy on multiple iPads in the field. I would really like to get this working if possible...

Thanks!

Tim

Tim, thanks for the additional information and I am sorry you are still having trouble getting connected. What version of the PocketCloud Companion do you have installed? If you right click on the Companion icon in the system tray, does it say Sign out with a green icon next to your email address? You may want to try signing out and back in. I am able to connect to a Windows 7 Professional machine without a problem with RDP and VNC. Have you tried manually setting up a RDP or VNC connection to that machine? You may also want to restart the service for the companion application.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
I have no VPN server installed and all configuration for remote desktop are as specified. Still doesn't connect although discovered connections is on and my ipad can "see" my laptop. Can we call this a bug for PocketCloud? Judging from the number of post related to more or less the same connectivity problem, I would say YES. Why put an app on the market when it's not ready? Beats me.

Make sure you are signed in on the companion application. You could try signing out and back in with your google account. Also, try restarting the companion service. Some security applications will stop the service and also stop it from starting.

I have no VPN server installed and all configuration for remote desktop are as specified. Still doesn't connect although discovered connections is on and my ipad can "see" my laptop. Can we call this a bug for PocketCloud? Judging from the number of post related to more or less the same connectivity problem, I would say YES. Why put an app on the market when it's not ready? Beats me.

No Events found!