Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2015 14:00

Cannot deploy device configuration to D90D7 thin clients from WDM 5.0

I have 3 D90D7 (Windows Embedded 7 Std) devices listed in WDM 5.0 (image version 9.050858.15GB and HAgent version 6.3.2.54) that I am trying to deploy a device configuration to.  I created the config using WDM.  When I attempt to deploy the config (right-click on device name -> Package Distribution Wizard -> Device Configuration -> select D90D7 config package -> choose Now for distribution to occur), the package shows scheduled in Update Manager but never goes anywhere.  It just sits there scheduled until I finally get mad and delete it.  I have tried logging into the machine and rebooting, but no package distribution ever occurs.  What could be wrong here?

25 Posts

May 7th, 2015 14:00

I actually did finally get an actual error message after running this distribution for the fifth time:

Error Details:

Try 1:Error Line#: 1 Cmd:WCM CFG XML: Class not registered

This mean anything to anyone?

19 Posts

May 7th, 2015 20:00

Master Bruce its time to have Alfred upgrade the batcave. In January Dell released a new updated to WCM (1.3.3 includes client and server piece) which is included in WDM 5.0 MR2.  The XML used in WCM needs to match on server and client so that its read and processed correctly.  Given the fresh install status I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you haven't applied the latest updates to WDM 5.0 and are still running the RTM build.

You should be able to download the 3 available Maintenance Releases/hotfixes (MR1, MR1.1, MR2) from Your self support page (support.wyse.com) or if running the available workgroup edition directly on the support downloads on wyse.com - https://appservices.wyse.com/pages/serviceandsupport/support/dlOraFW.asp?which=89&model=Wyse%20Device%20Manager(Software Downloads)

Its always a good recommendation to test against the latest and greatest code.  For you that's WDM 5.0 MR2, HAgent 6.3.4.3 (included in MR2), and the 1.3.3 client component.  If imaging you'll also find a much newer BootAgent included in MR2 (3.1.9) which will deploy using the hagent and should resolve your imaging issues.

The WCM 1.3.3 files are also available for download on wyse.com.  Here's a direct link to help get you started: https://appservices.wyse.com/supportdownload/WCM/WCM_V1.3.3.zip That'll include the stand-alone WCM application along with extractable packages to deploy the clientside agents you can register and deploy with WDM.

My recommended go forward plan is upgrade to the latest code so you aren't fighting issues fixed in the last year. 

1. Upgrade to MR2 level

2. Deploy new 6.3.4.3 HAgent

3. Deploy 3.1.9 BootAgent

4. Deploy 1.3.3 WCM Agent

That should get you current and address the issues you've noted.

-k

25 Posts

May 8th, 2015 15:00

I want to call you Azrael so bad...

Awesome, that is GREAT information.  I am working on this now, then I will move to your fixes for the other 3 posts.  You are a great help sir.

25 Posts

May 11th, 2015 15:00

This worked like a charm.  Thanks for the terrific information.

7 Posts

March 17th, 2016 08:00

The links are broken for the above fix. It takes me now to a dell contact page wanting to know what trial versions of whatever i want to try... Please help.

Thanks,

Dave

560 Posts

March 17th, 2016 17:00

The new link for this is https://marketing.dell.com/t2d-wyse

7 Posts

March 18th, 2016 01:00

That link is not correct, that just takes me to the same form to fill out for a free trial, not to the software I need. 

560 Posts

March 18th, 2016 09:00

Once you fill in the information, you will be given access to the download.

7 Posts

March 21st, 2016 03:00

I filled in the information, never got a reply, or access to any download for the above files at all.

Dave

19 Posts

March 21st, 2016 04:00

Can't speak to the delays in your request, but the wcm files can be found without login at the downloads.dell.com/Wyse link in those other replies.  There's a section for wcm and wdm both include the latest builds which means wcm 1.4 and wdm 5.5.1.  

While waiting for your other request, check out that link.  5.5.1 will have the latest hagents and bootagents instead of the versions mentioned previously.  It also includes wcm 1.4 serverside built in.  You want to grab the client side package from the wcm folder though and register/deploy in wdm.

-k

No Events found!