Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2015 14:00

Cannot pull image from D90D7 thin client using WDM 5.0

I am trying to pull an image from one of my D90D7 thin clients that I have updated to the most recent image (Windows Embedded 7 Std), most recent version of HAgent (6.3.2.54), and installed a few apps that all users will use.  I go into WDM 5.0, right-click on the desired device in Device Manager, select Get Device Image, give the image a name, check the All box under Merlin Image Pulling Options and the Non PXE radio button under Imaging Option (neither that nor PXE has worked, I have tried both), click Next, then Finish.  I can see the package scheduled in Update Manager and it moved from Schedule Time 'Now' to 'Boot' after a reboot of the machine.  It then boots into the image upload screen pre-OS, as it should.  Problem is, the OS upload (that it starts with) never goes anywhere.  The status bar sits at 0% until after a few minutes I get the following message:

BusyBox v1.00 (2007.02.08-11:26+0000) Built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

/bin #

Does this mean anything to anyone??  I have tried this 3 times and never get any further...

19 Posts

May 7th, 2015 20:00

Batman- I've seen this behavior intermittently on the older factory bootagent and upgrading to the latest 3.1.9 bootagent resolves the behavior.  I posted in your other thread related to this deployment.  You are using the latest image - but they don't release core images to manufacturing in the same release cycle as the management tools.  As with your noted security updates - there are updates to management agents for WDM mgmt., non-pxe imaging, and the WCM Agent.

Apply the 3 WDM hotfixes released for WCM 5 (MR1, MR1.1, and MR2).  This will upgrade the included HAgent and BootAgent packages which you should deploy.  Once the BA is upgraded to 3.1.9 you should be able to retest pulling and pushing your custom images.

-k

25 Posts

May 11th, 2015 15:00

This worked perfectly, thanks karaziel.

No Events found!