Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

6 Posts

April 29th, 2019 11:00

Thin clients get stuck in "Terminal is locked" cycle

In our environment Windows will auto-lock sessions after 5 minutes of inactivity.  Windows will lock and go to the Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to unlock this computer.  When you do that with my current Wyse configuration it takes you the Dell "Terminal is locked" window.  When you input your password and press OK it takes you right back to the "Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to unlock this computer".  Which then takes you back to the Dell "Terminal is locked" window and the cycle repeats.  The only way to get out of the cycle is by selecting "Sign-off from account xxxx" or shutting down/restarting the device.

If I take a Wyse 3040 out of the box and configure to connect to our environment with no configuration applied it will not do this.  So it's something in this configuration that is doing it and I can't quite pin point which one.  Any suggestions on what I can try to make entering the password at they Dell locked terminal window actually unlock Windows and reconnect the session?

Using WMS 1.3.   

VMWare Horizon View environment. 

Win 7 OS

Wyse 3040 thin client

1 Message

July 17th, 2019 07:00

Have you tried changing the registry keys for the user that is being locked?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableLockWorkstation"=dword:00000001

October 7th, 2019 13:00

In order to fix this you must go into WMS and update the keyboard settings part of the config policy and uncheck/diable key sequences.  This directs all key sequences to the windows VDI and not the ThinOS.

No Events found!