Highlighted
hosmoz1
1 Copper

Wyse P25 USB drive not recognized

HI I am trying to get a Dell Wyse P25/5030 Zero Client working and have run into a strange problem. Basically the P25 is connected on the LAN to the Horizon View Manager server no problem. I have created the device pools and have machines (VM's) added to the pools. I can connect from the Thin Client (P25) to a device pool and am able to log into either a Win7 or Win10 test machine. The keyboard, mouse, dual monitors, etc all work. When I plug in a USB flash drive to the front of the P25 ....nothing. I have been researching all over the place and cant seem to find any solution. I have investigated the WNOS.ini thing but as far as I know I am not running an FTP server. When I installed the system I installed an SQL server and the Horizon view manager on separate VM's. Any help would be great. Sorry for the little information I am very new to the Thin Client/VM solutions world. Some of the language is a learning curve. 🙂

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Wyse P25 USB drive not recognized

Hosmoz,

If you are using RDS, USB redirection is not supported according to VMware. You can find more information on how to enable redirection on the following document: https://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-usb-device-redirection.pdf

Roger Montalvo

0 Kudos
hosmoz1
1 Copper

Thanks,

I am using PCoIP. I also just updated the VM Host agent and the Connection Manager to 6.2.2 and all is working now. USB redirection works for all devices that I have tested so far. USB headset, Flash drives, Printer etc.

Thanks for your reply.

Matt

0 Kudos

Matt,

Thank you for the update.

Roger Montalvo

0 Kudos