Highlighted
1 Copper

Wyse Support, Windows Virtual Desktop (Azure Hosted)

Hello,

There is a new service in Microsoft Azure called "Windows Virtual desktop" (ref https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/virtual-desktop/ ) its pretty much same as Classic Microsoft RDS environment.

With Minor differences :

1. The broker is a managed service.
  2. The authentication relies on Azure AD.

I know Wyse supports RDP protocol , but wanted to know how the client would interact with that non RDP authentication ( initial ). Has this been tested?

Thanks

3 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Wyse Support, Windows Virtual Desktop (Azure Hosted)

I have a huge order of Wyse 3040 and 5070's that we have been waiting to place because this does not work. I was told by Dell Wyse sales that it did but we wasted months testing. I don't get why they don't even fill there support people in on this. From what our team found, was that the issue is related to the lack of support for Azure AD on ThinOS. As WVD relies on Azure AD for authentication this is why it will not works. I was told there is a beta of ThinOS that does support Azure AD, I think it's version 9, which should be released for production at the end of Q1 2020. But then I also heard April or May. 

Please post if anyone has heard anything else on this.

-E

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi, we have a solution working WVD client. Contact Alex on help @ velocity-eu.com for a demo.

Regards,

Velocity team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

is the update for Azure WVD to Wyse OS reliable.  Can we discuss?

0 Kudos