Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2015 21:00

8.0.206 - TSGWUseSameInfo=yes not functioning

8.0.206 - TSGWUseSameInfo=yes not functioning

When using TS Gateway there is an option in the GUI to use the same credentials from the RDP connection for the Gateway logon. When using this parameter in the INI this does not appear to be functioning. There is no error in the event log indicating it's an invalid parameter. I have verified the device is picking up the parameter and within the TS Gateway settings the box is checked, however when logging on I am still presented with two logon prompts.

If I check the box on the second logon screen then I am not prompted twice on subsequent logins.

CONNECT=RDP \

Host=remote.customer.org \
Description="Customer Desktop" \
Fullscreen=yes \
Domainname=Domain \
Mapdisks=yes \
TSGWEnable=yes \
TSGWUseSameInfo=yes \
TSGWServer=remote.customer.org \
LocalCopy=no

Screenshot available here - http://goo.gl/qunm7X

20 Posts

The example above does have INI for TS gateway to use same info from RDP but does not have complete RDP credential.

The INI "TSGWUseSameInfo" and the GUI option "Use Same Info" in the RDP Properties GUI are meant for TS gateway to use same credential of RDP logon; if RDP logon is incomplete then TS gateway would not pass the authentication as well.

On the other hand, the GUI option "Use the credentials for remote computer" in the TS gateway logon credential screen (the "second logon screen" in above example) is meant for RDP to use same credential of TS gateway; if TS gateway credential is complete then it would work for RDP as well.

So these are 2 options for 2 purposes. Hope it helps 

20 Posts

"use credentials inputted into the RDP logon screen and carry those forward to the TS Gateway screen"

If TS Gateway is used then it will ask for TS Gateway credentials first - so user can carry TS Gateway credentials to RDP logon screen but cannot do it backwards.

If it is required to carry RDP credential to TS Gateway then it can be achieved by using the INI "TSGWUseSameInfo" and the RDP Properties GUI option "Use Same Info" - with the RDP credentials completed in the RDP Properties GUI Logon.

4 Posts

Thank you for that clarification. Does WTOS have the capability to use credentials inputted into the RDP logon screen and carry those forward to the TS Gateway screen, maybe an undocumented parameter? If not I can request an enhancement.

No Events found!