Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C2

June 29th, 2015 06:00

C10LE Power Issue

Exclamation C10LE Power Issue

Just wondering if anybody else has had any issue with the C10LE unit powering on, we have deployed these where i work. In the last week we have had random complaints from users that when they try to turn the unit on nothing happens until they remove from the mains and then plug back in. This seems to be happening randomly to units, we are running 7.1_033 on all units

thanks

Chris

Thanks for the info, i have aslo contacted wyse support and go the following response
"

Please make sure you are running the latest firmware attached.
Also please make sure you use the Wyse provided power supplies

"

which i went back with we are using both, however we are runnign a custom WNOS.ini file will this cause any problems? 

Wyse support suggested adding the following lines

"AutoSignoff=yes Shutdown=yes
ShutDown=turnoff

"

I have added this adn will see if people still have the issue in a week or so

6 Posts

We have had the same problem with all of our C10LE units. Periodically people cannot power on their terminals. Typically we get an orange light on the unit after the user presses the power button. One option is to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, which powers the unit off. Then press the power button again and usually you will get a green light and the system will boot up.

I have contacted Wyse support, but I haven't received a definitive answer. This problem occurs with WTOS 6.5.0_30, 7.0.0_30 and 7.10_33. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I can chime in and tell you the same thing happens to us periodically.

No Events found!