Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J2

June 16th, 2015 08:00

Change password with RDP NLA enabled

Change password with RDP NLA enabled

Can we come up with something clever so that we can use WTOS to change the user's password (when "change password at next logon" is checked) when Network Level Authentication (NLA) is required from the server side (Remote Desktop Session Host or Virtualization Host). As the limitation is probably a NLA limitation, maybe we can do something smart so the RDWeb is used just for the password change interface.

129 Posts

Joris, good feedback. This should be considered as an Enhancement request, please follow process for CIR creation on this request.

Thanks
John

73 Posts

i think we do not support the web mode, anyway, i will double check with dev

73 Posts

we found the issue before but windows has the same problem as we tested,

could you confirm on windows RDP?

@ John: enhancement CIR created
@ Lin: Windows has the same problem indeed, that is why I noted that NLA is probably the limitating factor. On Windows you can use RDWeb (http://microsoftplatform.blogspot.nl...ght-no_12.html-no_12.html) to change an expired password, that is why I suggested to maybe integrate the "Change password" functionality using RDWeb somewhere in the WTOS login.

June 16th, 2015 09:00

We are looking at different ways to do this also. We are running mostly S10s, so we really have to just set up an RDP to autologin to a separate server (non-NLA) with a shared account that automatically launches only the RDWeb Password Reset URL. Would definitely like a better workaround.

3 Posts

June 16th, 2015 09:00

Hey everyone,

Did this ever get sorted. I am using a 2012 R2 RDS environment with HA Connection Brokers and my users can't log in if their passwords expire... any thoughts here?

No Events found!