Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

June 29th, 2015 09:00

Default Printers on Server 2008 R2 TS

Default Printers on Server 2008 R2 TS

We use WYSE R10Ls to connect to a Server 2008 R2 terminal server farm. 

It seems like on the WYSE terminals the user won't hold their default printer after logging off and back on. It always defaults back to another printer.

I have gone into the printer settings on the terminals and disabled all printer options, but it still doesn't hold. It's only the WYSE terminals, on a PC the default printer holds fine.

I have the GPO setting "Do not set default client printer to be default printer in a session" set to enabled, so even if there was a printer hooked up the terminal (there aren't) it shouldn't try to default to it.

Anybody else have this issue?

July 2nd, 2015 06:00

Don't know if this will help or not.....
We had issues with our thin clients not holding the default printers as well.
We use active directory and found that if we uncheck the Default to Main Printer found in the Environment tab for our thin client users, with the help of a print script we able to get the wyse terminals to hold their default printer.

20 Posts

July 22nd, 2015 09:00

Quote Originally Posted by aliciab View Post

Don't know if this will help or not.....
We had issues with our thin clients not holding the default printers as well.
We use active directory and found that if we uncheck the Default to Main Printer found in the Environment tab for our thin client users, with the help of a print script we able to get the wyse terminals to hold their default printer.

I think disabling the setting in the GPO should override the per user setting in A.D. but I'm giving it a go anyway.

We've also had success using scripts to assign the default printer but I was hoping we wouldn't have to as login scripts are a nightmare to maintain and the defaults might need to change for different users depending on their location.

Anybody else having issues with this?

No Events found!