Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 6th, 2017 10:00

Empty Flash Drive inaccessible Thin OS 8.3_012

After upgrading our Wyse D10D thin clients to the latest available firmware version 8.3_012, we found an issue with accessing empty flash drives.  We are using Xenapp 7.6 and Kingston DataTraveler G4 16 GB drives.  If there are no files or folders on the drive, we will receive the following message when clicking on the drive:

\\Client\D$ is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.  The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

If we copy an type of file or folder to the flash drive using a laptop, the drive will then be accessible on the thin client.  This issue is also occurring with firmware version 8.2_015.   However, if we roll back to firmware version 8.0_510 the issue is resolved and the empty drive can be accessed.

I hope this is a known issue with the newer firmware that is already being looked into. If not, I hope it gets attention.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

560 Posts

February 8th, 2017 09:00

Verify that the USB key is not formatted using NTFS. WTOS does not support NTFS.

1 Message

February 8th, 2017 09:00

We have same problem with 8.2 & 8.3 with many usb key

what is issue?

Tanks

February 13th, 2017 07:00

Flash drive was already formatted as FAT32 when it arrived.  Tried formatting the drive again and issue remains when drive is empty on latest firmware.  Rolling back to version 8.0_512 has been the only solution we have found so far to correct this.

1 Message

February 14th, 2017 02:00

download the version 8.3_014.

it is a HotFix that resolve this CIR :

CIR89054

Mapped disk failures when copying files to USB Mass Storage devices (wrong size on disk)

Regards

February 14th, 2017 08:00

The problem this hotfix addresses is not the error I am getting.  That being the case, I still gave this hotfix a try, but it did NOT resolve our issue.  Rolled firmware back again for now.

1 Message

July 26th, 2017 02:00

Have you found a solution to this problem?

I would be very grateful to hear about it. I have plenty of clients (R10L/D10D/D10DP) that give the same message as you wrote earlier: \\Client\D$ is not accessible.....

It happened after they where upgraded to 8.3_014.

1 Message

July 26th, 2017 03:00

Hello,

the upgrade 8.3_109 fix the message "\\Client\D$ is not accessible....."

No Events found!