Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B2

June 29th, 2015 08:00

Install a local scaner

Install a local scaner

Hi everyone. Firstly I apologize if alreay exist a ticket like that.

I am new using Wyse devices and at the moment I have one doubt.

I need to install a HP local scaner in wyse Cx0.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thank you.

Best Regards.

67 Posts

June 29th, 2015 08:00

Please post more information. The platform of Cx0 only says that the hardware is C class. Under the Cx0 you should see the model number...is it a C90LEW or C10LE or C30LE etc...

June 29th, 2015 09:00

The scanner is already appearing in virtual machine. 

And it's working now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by jpropsner View Post

You need to enable the HDX plug and play USB tunnel in XenDestkop. HDX plug and play is already built into the firmware of the C10LE. Once you enable the USB policy on Xendesktop the scanner will pass through the C10LE to the virtual machine via the HDX USB tunnel and you will get a driver install prompt, just like you would if you plugged it into a PC. 
This link may help:
http://blogs.citrix.com/2011/07/15/h...-xendesktop-5/

Hi,

I've enabled the HDX plug and play USB tunnel in XenDestkop but when I connect a pen usb or a local scanner nothing happens. It´s not appearing any messagem saying that a device is connected.

I saw the link that you posted and there is a picture that show windows 7 running through online plugin. I am currently using ICA.

Have you more ideas?

I am currently using VDI. I need configure a local scanner in Citrix HDX right?

2 Posts

Hi, I have the similar issue. Instead of Citrix we are using Vmware View. locally connected epson printer can be mapped in win7 64bit. Even flash disk appear like a map drive. But iam unable to get the Scanners or external hards working! Any clue? I have TCX server suite production license installed. Ftp is also publishing license key on wnos.ini file. iam not sure if the TCX is functioning! do you have any tool check this? We are having hard time with the USB and Multimedia redirection as both are functioning! Vmware view with fat client is working fine! Desperately looking for some answers on this please.

OK,

The model is C10LE. I hope this help.

Please If you need more information tel me.

67 Posts

Basically the C10LE is the online plugin. 
Do you get HDX USB to work if you connect from a Windows Machine to the virtual machine using the online plugin? If it works on Windows, then it will work on the C10LE. 
Also, how did you configure the C10LE to connect to Xendesktop? Take a look at "Solution 16435: Wyse ThinOS - Configuring for XenDesktop Deployment" in the Wyse knowledge base. This guide will also help you setup the FTP or HTTP server to upgrade the firmware.

67 Posts

The C10LE runs Wyse ThinOS. WTOS is firmware and cannot have drivers installed. The firmware can only do pass through. This means you plug in a device and the thin client passes the device information to the remote session. It can "map" printers and disks through a RDP session, but a scanner will need a driver and must be "installed" for the scanner to be active on the remote session you will need a USB tunnel. Citrix HDX or Wyse TCX USB can do this, however a USB tunnel on a terminal server will make all your devices available to all users. It will be as if you plugged the scanner directly into the server. How will the application know which scanner belongs to which user? It won't...this is why people choose Virtual Desktop brokers. A VDI broker will give you a single user desktop, because only one person can be logged into a Windows XP or Windows 7 desktop. The device, installed via the USB tunnel, will be available just as if it was plugged into a PC. 
Hopefully this helps. 
In short, if you are using the C10LE for terminal server connections, you can try TCX USB evaluation, found on Wyse.com on the downloads page. If that doesn't work for your application to interact with the scanner, then you will need to use VDI.

67 Posts

You need to enable the HDX plug and play USB tunnel in XenDestkop. HDX plug and play is already built into the firmware of the C10LE. Once you enable the USB policy on Xendesktop the scanner will pass through the C10LE to the virtual machine via the HDX USB tunnel and you will get a driver install prompt, just like you would if you plugged it into a PC. 
This link may help:
http://blogs.citrix.com/2011/07/15/h...-xendesktop-5/

OK thanks a lot for your help.

I'm gonna test what you said and I'll post the answer later.

Thank you.

No Events found!