Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 24th, 2015 07:00

Locally Connected Printing issue with C10LE

Locally Connected Printing issue with C10LE

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time on this site. My company has about 500 C10E deployed using RDS on Windows 2008 R2. As printers are a pain at times to setup network wise, I am have been seccessful at resolving most issues. With that said, we have having a big issue being able to get a Local USB printer to work correct. It will print smaller files (20-50kb), but anything past that seems to lock the printer up. I have tried a couple different HP models from Desktop size to Network Size with out much luck. The RDS session is redirecting the printer, it shows the correct driver(Using HP UDP). We have tried PCL 6/PCL 5 with different versions of that. If it is a small enough job then it will print fine, if not the printer locks up and has to be rebooted. Please feel free to ask for any other informaiton that will be helpful.

2 Posts

Worked like a charm. Not sure I want to load every print driver, so I might have to put some standards in. Thanks

62 Posts

Mikemoose,

The HP Universal Printer Drivers can have issues when printing through RDP like you are doing; Please try to use the actual printer driver for your printer. So if you are using an HP 4000 printer, make sure you are using the official HP 4000 printer driver.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Message

All host-based printers are incompatible, which throws out most new HP LaserJets.Remote desktop connections are not supported on a host-based printer.

printing services nj

No Events found!