Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2015 09:00

Mouse/Keyboard issues on C10LE

Mouse/Keyboard issues on C10LE

Hi

I have some troubles with these terminals since a changeover to Xenapp 7.6 (OS is 2008 R2). The terminals have been updated to the very latest release (8.0.411), but the problem occurred on the previous version 8.0.306 and 8.0.210 as well. The terminals generally have the Dell issued keyboard/mouse, however there are others that have 3rd party keyboard/mouse combos and the problem is the same. The same terminals did not have this issue with Xenapp 6.5. The issue is not reproducible with a Windows client. The terminals are on the same LAN as the Xenapp server. They are configured via a central configuration by FTP.

So, the issue is with mouse select, followed by use of backspace. So if a user say highlights some text and attempts to use backspace to blank out the selection, that may or may not work. If it does not, moving the mouse right and left of the highlighted text will unhighlight/rehighlight without any clicks, like there is still a mouse button pressed. The user might click away and re-highlight and sometimes it may work OK, sometimes it will take multiple attempts.

Its a bit of a grey area whether this is a Wyse or Citrix problem, but I start here as Wyse seems to be more likely, as access to the same setup from Windows works flawlessly.

2 Posts

June 15th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

We have exactly the same problem, is there already a solution to this problem?

6 Posts

June 16th, 2015 01:00

Woohoo - I'm not alone! I am yet to find a solution, for now the users are just putting up with it. I thought of maybe downgrading to a 7.x release but their receiver version is much older and that introduces other problems (also mouse related, from what I have seen)

6 Posts

I noticed there is a new firmware 8.0.508 released in the last few days, I will try this out

6 Posts

Initial indications are good, no mouse issues reported so far.

6 Posts

June 16th, 2015 02:00

Quote Originally Posted by clegga View Post

Initial indications are good, no mouse issues reported so far.

Not a resolution unfortunately, any others with ideas?

2 Posts

June 16th, 2015 02:00

We have a Wyse Dx0D with firmware version 2.0_411
After extensive testing, we have found that if the user makes a selection to the left side of the screen, the mouse become black instead of white.
If the mouse is black you are local on the Thin Client, when the mouse is black you can access the local Thin Client option "screen switching".
Because your mouse goes to the local option of the Thin Client, you leave the Citrix session. This ensures that the Backspace key does not work when text is selected.
If you make a controlled selection of the text, and ensures that the mouse is not black, then there are no problems with the backspace key.

No Events found!