Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2015 09:00

New to WYSE, couple of questions

New to WYSE, couple of questions

Hello,

Very new user to WYSE environment and have both WYSE C90LEW and C10LE thin clients installed (inherited). I was hoping to get some assistance/info on a couple of items:

1. Need to purchase more thin clients. What would you recommend? Mainly connecting to RDS servers without a need for local resources with the exception of occasional flashdrive and camera connectivity for select users to access from within the RD session. Leaning towards C10LE due to security and (supposedly) ease of administration. Any other models I should consider? Should I stay away from Windows Embedded due to the additional management (again, no need to run apps locally on thin clients....at least not at this time)?

2. Version 4.x of WYSE device management is installed on one of the servers. How often should the clients' firmware be updated? Should it be done proactively on a regular basis, or only when issues are found?

3. Is the WYSE Thin OS kept up to date from Dell regarding RDP versions? Are there any known issues with using the Thin OS? I heard of an issue where a certain Windows Update broke some communication/configuration with the Thin OS, is this a normal occurrence?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but this would be a good start.

EDIT:
4. Found that C10LE is "Mature", so will eventually be discontinued and is being replaced by T10. As a newbie to either model, should I stick with C10LE if I go Thin OS, or go the route of T10 (or T10D)?

5. I also found that our C10LE are on version 7.1_033 firmware and requires a maintenance agreement to upgrade to 8.x. I'm following up to see if we have an agreement (doubt it), but if we don't, would it be worthwhile upgrading the firmware, or plan on replacing the units? Many are from 2010-2012.

Thanks,
Joe

17 Posts

June 16th, 2015 09:00

1. We love our Dx0D clients. I think there's a newer D model out now than what we have but so far everything works great. Full virtualization of anything we've needed so far. You'll have to use WTOS 8.whatever to take full advantage of everything.

2. not sure.

3. Yes, usually not far behind.

No Events found!