Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C2

June 15th, 2015 09:00

Printing on a WYSE V10L

Printing on a WYSE V10L

I have an HP Laserjet 1012 printer hooked up to my V10L and when I first installed it I got it to print fine. The problem I have is when I let it go into standby mode and then try to print again, I get a "Fail to print" error. The only way I can get the printer to work properly again is to unplug it and replug it in. Obviously I know this isn't the right way to handle this, so my question is what am I doing wrong?

167 Posts

since ThinOS is not really an operating system, it doesnt have drivers (or ability to install drivers) like a full-fledged OS. So likely in this scenario it doesnt have the ability to "wake-up" your printer. If thats a showstopper for you then I suggest trying a linux or windows based client from Wyse where you can put local drivers.

Otherwise, I suggest configuring the printer such that it doesnt go into standby mode.

The Wyse V10L is the compatibility ThinPrint printing. integrated, so printers autocreate.There were several code changes in the way of servers to connect and communicate with these require some new code in the firmware updated.

discount brochure printing

2 Posts

June 16th, 2015 01:00

Hi,
I got same issue like you with this printer i have searched in google i got the list of compatible printers for the V10L. I hope you follow to this instructions. Thanks alot

1 Message

cmooney - where did your find the list of compatible printers for the V10L?

I figured it out....the printer I was using isn't compatible with the V10L

Good day.
I hope I can find a support within this topic.

I have V10L and 200R2 terminal server.
I can you USB memory sticks on my V10L, but I can't enable USB port to be able find connected USB printer.

What should I do in order to connect localy USB printer to V10L?

Thank you in advance.

623 Posts

June 16th, 2015 07:00

Most printers will work as long as you're not using a Host-based printer. see KB 16528 and you can find the WTOS Printer Configuration Guide here

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

June 25th, 2016 16:00

you should re-install your driver that you can download here : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=306510 

No Events found!