Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S2

June 28th, 2015 23:00

RemoteFX and VDI pool

RemoteFX and VDI pool

Hello All,

I have a Microsoft RDS setup and configured to use RemoteFX. I have tested connecting to a VDI pool with a windows 7 machine to the RDS setup. I can connect perfectly and the USB redirection works well too. I have setup a terminal and it will not connect to the pool. The terminal will just connect to the session host server. I setup the RDS setup to provide Personal VDI and the terminal will connect to that, and use remoteFX. However the screen resolution on the VDI when connected by the terminal is 1280*800 not the 1280*1024. When I connect with a win7 machine I can get a resolution of 1680*1050, so I know it is not an issue with the VDI. Also the USB redirection will not work on the terminal to VDI. If anyone has any idea of what to do I am all ears.
Here is my INI file:
autoload=0 
AdminMode=yes Username=Mhctcadmin Password=Thinclient 
Privilege=high HideConnectionManager=yes 
AddCertificate=itlab.cer 

Device=audio Volume=25

Language=Us 

Screen=1 Resolution=1280x1024 Refresh=75 rotate=none
Screen=2 Resolution=1280x1024 Refresh=75 rotate=none
DesktopColorDepth=32
Dualhead=yes Mainscreen=1 Orientation=hort Taskbar=mainscreen Align=Bottom
Desktop=desktop.jpg Layout=Center

Timeserver=itec-dc1.itlab.ca Timeformat="12-hour format" Dateformat=mm/dd/yyyy
TimeZone='GMT - 07:00' ManualOverride=yes Daylight=yes Start=030507 End=110107 TimeZoneName="US Mountain Standard Time" DayLightName="US Mountain Daylight Time"

SignOn=Yes
SessionConfig=RDP MaxBmpCache=1024 \
DefaultColor=2 EnableNLA=NO ForceSpan=yes \
USBRedirection=RDP
VDIBroker=https://rdwa-srv.itlab.ca
ConnectionBroker=Microsoft
DomainList="itlab.ca"

Thanks,
Scott

June 29th, 2015 00:00

Yes you are correct with the line in the RDP file "loadbalanceinfo:s:tsv://vmresource.1.VM-POOL-ID-GOES-HERE" I have had no new information on this. I have had our local Wyse rep come by and take a look at our setup with no new results. I have been put into a wait list for the engineers to look at this issue. The best I can figure is there must be a way to specify the pool ID in the .INI file but I have not found a syntax that has worked yet. Sounds like we are in the same boat. When I have any new info I will post.

5 Posts

Hello Scott, I am also trying to connect to a VDI pool and am not having any luck. I am using an R10L device with the Wyse Thin OS installed. Were you able to make any progress on this? 

Here is what I know: In order to create an RDP file to connect to a VDI pool, the following line must be used: loadbalanceinfo:s:tsv://vmresource.1.VM-POOL-ID-GOES-HERE 

The 1 in the above line tells the Connection Broker that the connection is for a VDI Pool and not for a Personal VM.

When I try and conenct to the pool via the Connection Broker on the Thin OS, I get the following error on the Connection Broker: “RD Connection Broker could not find an assigned Personal Desktop for user Domain\Username. HRESULT = 0x80070001”

I assume that I'm getting that message becuase in the "Connect=" command in the WNOS.ini file, there is no paramter for the above "loadbalanceinfo..."

Well I got an answer on the pools. "currently the support for pooled desktops has not been added" and this is not a feature that is going to be available soon. "best estimate of 2nd half of 2012." Got this info from Wyse today.

1 Message

June 29th, 2015 03:00

Thumbs down Still not working

work for a few days before I found this!

They don't work with Windows Server 2012 RDS VDI either - the RDP connection method is the same. I tried it.

I'm not sure why they can't stick in a switch to let you connect to a default or single pool as you can specify in Mstsc settings. I am only trying to use one pool anyway!

I spoke to Wyse support and they said it 'might' be in the next release in Q1 2013!

Hello All, I have a Microsoft RDS setup and configured to use RemoteFX. I have tested connecting to a VDI pool with a windows 7 machine

beauty deals in uae 
best beauty deals
best deals for dubai

5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post

Well I got an answer on the pools. "currently the support for pooled desktops has not been added" and this is not a feature that is going to be available soon. "best estimate of 2nd half of 2012." Got this info from Wyse today.
Yeah, I believe that is based off the information I submitted to my Wyse rep 2 weeks ago. They were going to try and get it in the next release, but that didn't happen. 

They are currently testing the VDI Pool with a Linux Thin OS on one of their devices but from what I've heard so far, it doesn't sound promising. I'll post back if something changes.

I am likely going to try out other Thin Clients as we can not wait that long. 

Please contact me at Tmowreader@westlinnoregon.gov if you like, I am not getting e-mailed when people respond to my posts on this forum.
No Events found!