Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R2

June 23rd, 2015 04:00

--Resolved-- USB unsuccessful redirect results

--Resolved-- USB unsuccessful redirect results

Connecting to server 2012 with build 8.0.31 and rfx/usb redirection enabled. All usb devices except smart cards are enabled in global connection settings and the RDP connection settings.

HP Laserjet 1217 MFP:
Device seems to be successfully redirected to the server, as it shows up in device manager, but we can't get it to print or scan. Suspect this is a driver issue, since there are no server 2012 drivers, and the server 2008 and windows 8 drivers report failure on install.

Sony MPF82E floppy drive:
Recognized by the client, logs report that the device is redirected, but it never shows up on the server.

LiteOn eHAU424 DVD RW:
Recognized by the client, logs report that the device is redirected, but it never shows up on the server.

PNY 4gb mini usb stick:
Recognized by the client, logs report that the device is redirected, but it never shows up on the server. Attempted both fat32 and NTFS formatting, neither seemed to work. I was able to get an 8gb Cosair Flash Voyager to work with NTFS formatting, so that's good, but it's strange that one model/manufacturer works while another doesn't.

62 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 04:00

RL,

You need to make sure that "auto connect to local devices" for each USB redirected peripheral is UNchecked, as this utilizes RDP mapping technology and will conflict with RDP USB redirection. When you tell thinOS to use RDP disk mapping and RDP USB Drive redirection it will try to get both and wil not work successfully. You will need to decide if you want to RDP map printers or USB redirect them, the same is true for printers.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2016 03:00

About the usb drive problems, I've found that when you connect a factory new usb drive to a Dell/Wyse Thin Client, it's not recognized on the Citrix Server.

If I plug the drive to my laptop, Windows create a "System Volume Information" folder and the key is then recognized inside Thin Client.

If I delete this folder from Thin Client, remove and replug the usb key : the key is unavailable.

to make simple : if a USB key is COMPLETELY empty, it does not work. If there is SOMETHING, it work.

Very strange issue !

No Events found!