Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

October 8th, 2018 05:00

Set up Network Printer on ThinOS

Hello, I would like to get advise on how to set up Network Printer (Fuji Xerox C2270) on ThinOS for Citrix. I have tried to set up LPD but not success. I am not sure what is LPD Queue name for Fuji Xerox. Also, does I need to have additional set up on Windows Server 2016 after add printer? Regards, Toom

3 Apprentice

• 

702 Posts

October 8th, 2018 07:00

It sounds like you are trying to setup the thin client to print via an SMB shared printer on a 2016 print server?

It looks like the old WYSE KB is in transition to Dell and some of the links are missing, but this KB article will help you.

https://manualzz.com/doc/22194573/wtos-printing-configuration-guide

I did find that in order to print via a 2016 print server you have to adjust the server to allow SMB 1.0 communication.  The following MS article will help with how to enable it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696547/how-to-detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-smbv2-and-smbv3-in-windows-and

2 Posts

October 9th, 2018 05:00

Thank you for your reply. Can we config ThinOS to print directly by LPD to network printer without print server?

3 Apprentice

• 

702 Posts

October 10th, 2018 04:00

See page 8 of the first PDF, which describes printing to an LPD Daemon.

13 Posts

January 26th, 2019 11:00

In my experience, the SMB printing through a print server has been much more reliable than LPD.  Just remember, with ThinOS, the SMB share names CANNOT have spaces in them.  Also, the path needs to be"\fqdm.whatever\PRINTSERVER\SHARED-PRINTER".  If you are configuring from WMS, it will automatically place the first single "\" and the "\" between your print server name and the shared printer name.

"\\" paths will work if you set that manually in the ThinOS interface, however trying to use "\\" in WMS settings will result in them getting stripped and replaced with "\".  That's why I suggest using the FQDM with the single "\".

Also, make sure you use the same spelling for your printer driver as it has in the print server (spaces are ok here).

No Events found!