Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2022 02:00

Thin OS 9.1.2101 does not get configuration from WMS

I usually use Wyse 3040 with thin OS 8.6 that are working perfectly fine. They do connect to the WMS Server, pull configuration and react to requests instantly over the network.

I bought Wyses 3040 PCoIP with Thin OS 9.1.2101 that I do not manage to configure. I use the same DHCP server with same option tags, but they don't necesseraly connect to the WMS Server (I factory reset them so many times, sometimes they do, sometimes they dont). They always get a correct DHCP address.

When they do connect, pushing a configuration from WMS is useless, they wont do anything.

I am only using 9.x config in the policy I want them to move into, with no 8.x config. No 8.x settings declared in the default policy group either.

Sometimes, the policy I wanted to push 2 hours ago randomly sets up the Wyse, and if want to do it again at this moment, nothing happens.

Moreover, the wyse does get parts of the policy I want to push but not all of it!! If I change the background and add RDP connections, it will push only one of these settings, but not both, and totaly randomly. It is so random, it drives me crazy.

From what I saw all over internet, I tried:

- To downgrade them to ThinOS 8.6: FAIL

The wyse does not detect any image on USB stick preapred with Dell Wyse Imaging Tool. Dell says that it is impossible to downgrade SSD Wyse 3040 9.1 to 8.6 or previous, so I am stuck with these donkeys.

- To add DNS Records for WMS Server and GroupToken instead or together with DCHP tags: FAIL

- To disable the proxy settings on the Wyse; FAIL

- To disable WMS on the Wyse: FAIL

- with correct DHCP address, To enter manually WMS Sever name and group token: FAIL no connection

Something must make it so unstable. If you have any ideas, please share it.

Regards,

Renan

5 Posts

April 28th, 2022 02:00

I removed and installed WMS 3.6.1 again and it solved the problem.

Upgrading WMS from 3.2.1 to 3.3, and then to 3.6.1 again might have caused some damage to its settings.

Thank you

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

April 26th, 2022 10:00

I experienced something similar with a batch of 5070's and OS 9.1.2101.  Is the event logs for the TC, showing it's failing to install any additional packages?

5 Posts

April 26th, 2022 10:00

Hi th3wys31

I actually managed to get around this 

I upgraded WMS from 3.2 to 3.6 and clients seem to detect new configurations.

It is not invariable though. The Thin Client will update most of the time, but I still have to validate the group key again in the central configuration to force some updates.

It is really a downgrade from 8.6.

Thank you

5 Posts

April 27th, 2022 04:00

Similarly, the TC is actually failing to install new packages. But by keeping rebooting, checking in/unchecking in to the server, it does install enventually but still randomy.

The WMS 3.6 did not solve the problem. I am still unable to apply full configurations.

When I unsubscribe from a group, to subscribe again to force applying a new config, the wyse uploads an old config I set up a day ago, bits are missing (important ones).

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

April 27th, 2022 06:00

Hi Renadnl,

There's an issue with OS 9.1.2101 because of a missing certificate.  Open a case with Dell and ask them about a CAUpdate_1.0_1.pkg .  You'll have to upload that into WMS, then push it to client in question.  Afterwards, you should be able to upgrade the OS and download any other packages. 

No Events found!