Highlighted
pyrotek1
1 Copper

Thin OS and Citrix receiver version.

How often is the Citrix Receiver version updated? We are running the latest Thin OS which is 8.5_017 but the Receiver version is still 14.0.49029. Citrix support is telling me that the minimum version e need to be is 14.9 in order to be able to use seamless applications with XenApp 7.15. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GSCF
1 Copper

Re: Thin OS and Citrix receiver version.

That's a very good question and something I want an answer from Dell/Wyse as well. Actually waiting for an answer on that for ages already. Citrix reciever version is very important for a well working Citrix environment and I wish Dell would put more effort in keeping the reciever up to date in WTOS.

0 Kudos
SGMC-Matt
1 Nickel

... Especially since it's not even called Receiver anymore.  I would like to see the Workspace replacement show up in WTOS.

0 Kudos
Rosy11
1 Copper

Hi, Even we are running the latest Thin OS which is 8.5_017 but the Receiver version is still 14.0.49029 and similarly Citrix Support informed me that the minimum version required to be 14.9 (Receiver 4.9) in order to be able to use seamless applications with XenApp 7.15. I have not yet got any information from Dell Wyse on this. It would be really helpful if anyone has any update that you are aware of.
0 Kudos

The version of Receiver in ThinOS is a customized version and will never correlate directly with a windows or linux build of the receiver from Citrix.  The version of receiver in the firmware is 100% compatible with 7.15 and seamless apps.  If you are having a specific problem with receiver on ThinOS, open a Dell support ticket and if it requires escalation and interaction with Citrix Dell will escalate to resolution. 

0 Kudos
sdurrant
1 Copper

I have heard there are no more Receiver updates until a new ThinOS version in Dec 2019!
0 Kudos