Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2015 08:00

ThinOS 8.0 + T10 + XenDesktop 5.6 = Audio stuttering when playing video.

ThinOS 8.0 + T10 + XenDesktop 5.6 = Audio stuttering when playing video.

Upgraded my desk T10 from 7.1.207 to this drop build. Everything is working good so far except for audio stuttering (and slower video playback). The Citrix VDA on the VM is the latest 5.6.200 version.

Need to try next week against a Citrix Excalibur VM.

3 Posts

I did some additional troubleshooting yesterday and think I can trace the issue to an newly introduced incompatibility with the Lenovo USB Soundbar (part # 0A36190). When I unplugged the sound bar from the T10, I no longer experienced any freezing issues with the T10. This soundbar is quite popular within my company so if this incompatibility issue is real than it poses a problem for me.

129 Posts

Hello BradBurnc,
Could you please validate your testing results with 8.0_033 posted above, and if still negative, please define your testing criteria and environment so that we can attempt to replicate your experience.

Thanks
John

129 Posts

Thank you DContis, we are currently investigating this. Could you help with the below details for our recreation efforts?
-Can you help to explain the type of video that you are testing with? (size, type, bitrate, local/streamed, etc.)
-Do you have any XD policies in place? (i.e. capping frame rate, bandwitdth size, etc).
-Confirm this is a LAN environment with quality network.

Thanks
John

2 Posts

Same Audio Stuttering Issue on Wyse T10 Latest Firmware

I too am having this same issue with the audio stuttering when playing through my T10 with the newest 8.0.037 Firmware.

I'm connecting primarily through XenApp, but I've also tested with RDP to a local computer with the same results. I've tested through a headset and the built in speakers, same result. I've tested with audio from websites as well as MP3 files, same results. All signs point to this being an issue with the Wyse T10 unit/firmware. Any updates on how to fix this audio issue?

129 Posts

Hello Brad,
Could you please send me a PM with your company name? I would like to reach out to your Dell Wyse reps to get a better understanding on your sound bar requirements.

Thanks
John

3 Posts

John,

I tried the 8.0_033 and the device repeatedly locked up before I was even able to try the video/audio testing. I have a picture I took to show what it looks like when the device locks up--basically a gray rectangle in the middle of the display. My setup is XenApp 6.5 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 on XenServer on Cisco UCS. I only run ICA in my environment and in this case I was about 300 meters from the datacenter (no latency or bandwidth issues) over a wired network. Let me know if you need any more information and how I can send you the picture of the locked screen if you need to see it.

Thanks,
Chris

73 Posts

thanks for your mail, but there is no info on the pic
could you use the ini to generate core dump?
privilege=high enabletrace=yes upload=usb

if dev still cannot fix the issue by using core dump, i'm afraid we need the device. (please ask John about the process)

73 Posts

is the the MMR playing, it is also better to share the sample file.
or is it the flash on site (which site?)

3 Posts

I am in a very similiar scenarion (T10 with XenApp 6.5) and experienced the same issue with audio and video playback. The 8.0_030 firmware is unworkable in this scenario.

5 Posts

I see this issue too. I have tested with wmv, flash (youtube) and silverlight - all with the same result. If I use my Logitech USB headset H390 it is very bad (worked fine with 7.1.207). Using Jabra Pro 9470 the sound is clear for a while then, it starts to jitter for a while, clear sound again for a while and so forth. I noticed the same issue with the built in speaker.
I also tested with Spotify and .mp3 files (Windows Media Player) with the same result.

My setup
Wyse T10
Xendesktop 5.6 FP1 with Personal vDisk 5.6.7
Windows 7 pro x64

BTW. I too had the "gray rectangle" lock up as bradburnc mentions a couple of times....

29 Posts

John,

I tried to watch one of the CNN video today (CNN web site -> video section) and from youtube (default size, quality). My T10 is connected via 100FX I believe but all the server environment (Dell R720 / R610) in on dual 10GB. The audio issue did not exist with 7.1.207. It was never perfect but the audio played fine.

I will follow-up on Monday and post some output from HDX Monitor running from the VM.

FYI this is the T10 I am using everyday (eat your own dogfood approach) to access my Virtual desktop.

We do not have any special Citrix policy. We are trying to leverage the adaptive display from XD 5.6.

73 Posts

our QA did not meet the issue, but i have reported the issue to developers, could you send the pic to me? (llu@wyse.com)

5 Posts

April 1st, 2019 07:00

I have similar issue with the audio stuttering when playing through any browser.

When i set up as default audio device usb Jabra Evolve 20 SE there is some video freezing and terrible audio stuttering. it is depends a little of quality of video, but in all cases it is unacceptable.

When i disable (plug out usb headphones) OR set as default audio device Citrix HDX Audio and listen through 3,5 jack headphones there is no audio stuttering nearly no video lagging.

I think it is some device drivers cooperation issue. 

My setup is:

Thin client Dell Wyse 5010

usb headphones Jabra Evolve 20 SE (and some other models)

XenDesktop 7.15

Thin OS 8.0_512

Redirect Jabra Evolve 20 SE through thin client by wnos.ini file

OS Win 7 corporate

Any updates or how to fix this audio issue?

No Events found!