Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Posts

March 9th, 2021 13:00

ThinOS 9.1 and checking in?

Does anyone else have issues with their 9.1 devices not checking in to the WMS server on-prem? We are using 3040s and ThinOS 9.1 at a test location and so far, it feels like I should just downgrade them all to 8.6.

I have enabled WMS in the 9+ settings tab. I know my devices are online as I can ping them and "sometimes" VNC into them.

18 Posts

March 10th, 2021 03:00

Please ensure the WMS Enable option is not enabled under Services in 9.X Policy. 

If its enabled, we cannot disable in on-prem / standard but this is fixed in WMS 3.2 which is expected on 26th March. 

Create a test 9.X group with no policies(make sure no policies from parent folder) and try to add the device. 

3 Posts

March 10th, 2021 08:00

Is it not recommended to have this enabled under 9.1 deployments? We are currently working now after I adjusted those settings. I do find it strange there are two locations for the group prefix and token.

3 Posts

March 10th, 2021 08:00

In case anyone else has this problem, I managed to fix it by myself after tinkering with a device.

Under 9.1 configs > Services > WMS Settings, you need to remove the server from the allow list on the bottom, for some reason it was filled with the wrong information on my side.

18 Posts

March 30th, 2021 14:00

WMS 3.2 has been released and you can remove the policy. 

No Events found!