ThinOS and integration with Windows Server 2008 Session host (double authentication)
I´m using a Wyse C10LE to connect a Windows Server 2008 R2 farm. When the session host redirect to other server, the cliente must authenticate two times, one with session host and other with the terminal server. The behavior is the same in Windows Server 2008 o R2.
I dont´t use SignOn in ThinOs, the Terminal Server is who requests username and password in typical logon window. I have two Terminal Server Windows Server 2008 R2 with clustered "session host".
The process is:
1) The Thinclient open the rdp session with farm name.
2) The server with has the session host show de logon window (Server A for example).
3) I write the username and password and pulse intro.
4) The session host return a reference to Server B (Load balancing).
5) The Thinclient open automatically session with Server B (directly).
6) The server b request autentication other time.
7) I write username and password and the logon is correct.
The curiouse is, if I previously have one disconneted session in server B, this don´t take place and is necessary only one authentication.
Is very importante for us find a solution because the normal will be that occur a load balancing when the number of servers grow up.
Are you using a wnos.ini? If yes, put this parameter in your RDP session config and it will work:
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Xenith, Linux v6, Linux v7, Viance and create CE addon packages
*** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it ***