Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2015 04:00

VDI 4.5 Windows very slow printing

CoolVDI 4.5 Windows very slow printing
Anyone experiencing very slow printer respose printing from IE8? I am using WSYE V10LE on a VM cluster.

17 Posts

What O/S , what printer? locally attached, network etc? Only IE 8 jobs are printing slow? how about printing large .doc/.xls etc files?
Any other printer you can test with? How much memory allocated to this vm?

The problem is that now printing is taking 10-20 minutes, although I can access the administrative Web interface of the printer does problem.I have noticed however, that the printing svchost service is hogging memory resources until 'that the print job ends.

167 Posts

Gary- This thread is for Wyse Xenith so you may want to post in the ThinOS section. When you post you should provie more details (i.e. what is your backend, protocol, host VM version, etc).

3 Posts

June 25th, 2015 05:00

Yes, it seems to be a characteristic of IE not of the printer. It happens regardless of what printers are connected and I have also seen it at work on my desktop. I just upgraded to IE 8 and tried a Ctrl-P while sending this response and the print dialog appeared very quickly. Perhaps it will change with the new version of IE

1 Message

June 25th, 2015 08:00

Server 4.5 or just go ahead straight to XenApp 5 for Windows server 2003

1 Message

why don't you try some other browser, i have also witnessed so many problems by using IE, upgrade IE if problem still persists then try chrome i think this will work for you !

Nobodey use IE8 use chrom or firefox it will be waster.

Yeah am facing the same printing problem with IE 8, plus my Explorers hangs sumtimes when i try to print from a webpage.

Decals Printing | Labels Printing

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this? When I want to print from Internet Explorer (version 7) I click on the icon or type Ctrl-P. In either case the print dialog is often very slow to appear - about 20 - 30 secs. This does not happen with other programs. If I use Google Chrome the print dialog appears very promptly. Is there a setting or other change I can make to have IE be more responsive?

No Events found!