Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2015 03:00

WNOS.ini -- where to start?

WNOS.ini -- where to start?

Hi,

I downloaded WDM 5.0 because I have a few Wyse T10 devices I'd like to remotely administer. Upon installing WDM, I was able to auto discover the 2 devices I have on my network. After poking around, I found that I wasn't able to do much. I came across some posts about the WNOS.ini file and found that I did not have it where it was supposed to be located (\\inetpub\ftproot\Rapport\wyse). I then found freewysemonkeys.com, and here is where I am getting confused on where to go. All I would really like to do is remote shadow, but do I have to configure everything else? Does the WNOS.ini file get ingested by WDM and then dispersed to the clients?

As you can tell this is relatively new to me.

Environment background:
We use a Microsoft Connection Broker to our TS RDP Farm.
These clients are currently not in house and at a remote location.
Clients are actively checking in with WDM, but I cannot seem to do anything with them
Clients are T10 w/ 8.0.2 loaded
Client OS is WTOS

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

623 Posts

The correct path is \\inetpub\ftproot\wyse\wnos . Take a look at the INI reference guide for all the other directories you can have under \wnos.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Posts

Hi, If we are using a the HTTP server for the file server on WDM 5.0 and we put the root path as WTOSCONFIG on the preference.

We we'll use the path "C:\inetpub\ftproot\Rapport\WTOSCONFIG\WNOS" for WNOS.ini file ?
And use the account put under the "Software Repositories" to connect on it?

If all this work with a browser and is configured on the wyse a mean for connection with the file server.

Why the client gets stuck on start page of the file server, any ideas ?

96 Posts

if you are using HTTP the root path then would be set for c:\inetpub\WWWROOT .... , not FTPROOT... This is if you are using FTP

623 Posts

Ryan,
First of all you need to get acquainted with the OS for these devices (WTOS) get the manuals (available at www.wyse.com/manuals) and get yourself a copy of the Configuration Generator (configen) from www.freewysemonkeys.com)

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Posts

Thanks for the response Roger.

I've gone over the linked information. My question is at what point do the clients ingest the .ini file? Is it ingested from this location: \\inetpub\ftproot\Rapport\wyse? My clients do not seem to have any different behavior based on my creation/editing of the WNOS.ini file.

Thank you.

No Events found!