Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2015 03:00

WTOS C10LE and VoIP SIP Softphone interaction

WTOS C10LE and VoIP SIP Softphone interaction

Hi All
We are developing an application which using a VoIP SIP softphone active X control.
We have a Citrix XenApp 5 server with HDX installed.
We have a WT1200LE terminal and a new C10LE terminal in our development environment as well as an ICA client installed on a Windows PC.

The Windows PC ICA client works great and voice is clear and not too jittery.

If we use either of the terminals we get incredibly bad voice performance.

Wyse have confirmed that the WT1200LE terminal will not support this.
Our Wyse reseller said that we need WTOS version 7 to support voice on the C10LE.
I cannot see this anywhere on the Wyse site and have not heard back from Wyse technical support, whom said they have a few suggestions, several weeks ago.

I have also tried setting up a XenApp 4.5 server with the TCX suite installed but again that gives very poor performance.

Can anyone advise if they have tried this beofr eor have any experience of dealing with VoIP on Wyse terminals?

Thanks
Kaleida

13 Posts

TCX suite performance did leave something to be desired, however the new direct HDX compatibility in WTOS 7 is looking much, much better. The launch has been slightly delayed, but will not be long at this point. 

I would also suggest a good look at the V10LE, the faster cpu handles the extra workload nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pommes View Post

Actually Wyse has announced a release date. Back in august Wyse stated:
"Wyse to Support VMware View™ 4.5 Upon Availability "

Obviously only marketing talk. View 4.5 is GA, but no WTOS 7 available. However WTOS 7 is still listed on the VMware View 4.5 HCL...

Actually nothing new, this has happened with every version so far. Wyse has even announced PCoIP support for the V10L back in 2009.... Go figure..

I have heard some good things about the Wyse service, and I am wondering if it is only used within Business Phone System or if it is compatible with many Residential Voip Providers? Any more information on a and how it functions in addition to a would be nice too. Thanks in advance.
-Charlie

No it hasn't. The release is still a few weeks away.

ConfGen

Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Xenith, Linux v6, Linux v7, Viance and create CE addon packages 
*** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** 
http://www.technicalhelp.de

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by charlieluc1968 View Post

I have heard some good things about the Asterisk Appliance, and I am wondering if it is only used within Business Phone Systems or if it is compatible with many Call Center Software? Any more information on the product and how it functions would be nice too. Thanks in advance.
-Charlie

________
I do agree... take a look at V10LE- especially great for the faster CPU

Thanks mate.
Has a release date been issed for WTOS 7 yet?

1 Message

WTOS 7 - Fail!

Actually Wyse has announced a release date. Back in august Wyse stated:
"Wyse to Support VMware View™ 4.5 Upon Availability "

Obviously only marketing talk. View 4.5 is GA, but no WTOS 7 available. However WTOS 7 is still listed on the VMware View 4.5 HCL...

Actually nothing new, this has happened with every version so far. Wyse has even announced PCoIP support for the V10L back in 2009.... Go figure..

No Events found!