Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 23rd, 2015 01:00

WYSE V10L Dual Monitor

WYSE V10L Dual Monitor

Hello,

I have the WYSE V10L (VXO) device and I would like to hook up dual monitors. My model only has one DVI OUT on the back of the Wyse device and I have the splitter that comes with it. What is the purpose of having one VGA and one DVI output on the splitter, I would think the terminals would be the same for dual monitor support.

I have 2 monitors and each one has VGA and DVI inputs (I think it is DVI-D) and would like to use those as dual screen. So my question is, do I need a splitter, adapter, etc. I have never used this configuration before and would appreciate some advise on it. I don't know whether to use one VGA and one DVI, or two VGA or Two DVI.

Note** I use my Wyse device to RDP to multiple different servers and most of them are Windows Server 2003, although some are Server 08'.

Thanks,

Chris

13 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 01:00

You need the TCX drivers for Multi-Display

13 Posts

June 24th, 2015 09:00

You can download and evaluate the TCX Suite from here www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...re%20Downloads) - You dont really need to update the v10L firmware to make the dual screen to work. The latest is 7.0.0_30 WTOS.

Good Luck

623 Posts

On the V10L you cannot run two DVI monitors. You will need to use an R10L for that. If you want to use a VGA and DVI monitor, than your only option is the Wyse splitter cable. If you wish to connect two VGA monitors to the V10L DVI port, you will need to use the Wyse DV20 adapter.
For more details on the DV20 adapter, go to http://www.wyse.com/products/accesso...ccessories.asp
The part number for the DVI-I to DVI-D/VGA splitter cable is 920302-02L and you can contact your local dritributor for pricing information.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3 Posts

riddle me this...

Riddle me this....

What DVI connector is to be used to successfully run 2 video monitors? Surely not the dvi adapter included in the box.

Thanks!

2 Posts

Is there a firmware update for the device also or just the TCX Drivers for the server itself?

True Dual Monitors or One Image Across Two Screens?

I am trying to set up users with Dual Monitors on our WYSE V10L devices. I have the video adaptors and can get an image on both screens, but they are acting as one big screen. Is there a way to set this so I can maximize a window to only one monitor or the other as I do with my PCs? My V10L devices are connecting to a Windows Server 2008 server.

Thank you,

Curtis

167 Posts

June 24th, 2015 10:00

If you are using ThinOS 7 connecting to Win2k8 server or Win7 VM, then the device will natively use RDP7 and hence give you suppor for True Dual Monitors (i.e they will act as 2 monitors). If you connect to 2k3 or Windows XP VM then they will still be 1 big monitor (since those backends dont support RDP7--although you can use Wyse TCX to provide RDP7-like features on those legacy servers).

So I am thinking you probably are not on WTOS 7 if you dont see this happening

17 Posts

G'Day Ckeller, did you end up getting true dual monitor support? I am having the same issue with a V10LE and R10L I just purchased, any suggestions, greatly appreciated. Cheers.

We have V10le running dual monitor VGA and VDI....this was working fine till we just upgraded from 6.5 to 7.1_122 , since we flashed our second monitor resolution is Terrible ... is this a know issue ? any ideas how to fix this ?

We do ICA to XD (Win7)

No Events found!