Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

AI

3 Posts

September 27th, 2018 00:00

Where can I download firmware 8.0_512

Hi!

We have Software maintenance agreement with Dell, but I was unable to find the firmware 8.0_512 from the digital locker. I also contacted support but they were unable to help me. I'm trying to update our C10LE Wyses to the latest firmware. According to the update manual/help I need to update to the 8.0_152 version prior upgrading to the latest 8.x versions..

BR / Jani Mäntysaari

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

September 27th, 2018 07:00

The C10LE is an EOL product from Dell/WYSE.  I suggest you look at replacement options, such as the 3040. While you may be able to update it to a higher firmware version it will be limited and probably wont have a user experience your users desire,

Firmware 8.3 was the last release to support the C10LE.  The only ones who could provide you with the proper firmware is support, however as the product is end of life, end of support I dont believe they will provide you firmware.

As a side note you dont mention what firmware you coming from, in trying to get to the latest, just that you cannot locate 8.0_512.   Firmware on ThinOS should be considered a living breathing animal.  Firmware is released quarterly and contains not only enhancements but bug fixes as well.  Too often I see people ignore firmware updates for years, and end up in a similar situation as you are in. 8.0_512 was released over 3 years ago.

a quick google search does yield some 3'rd parties that appear to have 8.0_512, but you would want to use at your own risk.

https://www.technicalhelp.de/downloads/

No Events found!