Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R2

July 1st, 2015 03:00

WinTerm and RDS date/time are way off causing auto rebooting

WinTerm and RDS date/time are way off causing auto rebooting

Good afternoon,

This is my first post in this forum and I've been working in a WinTerm environment for just several months...

We have over 100 Wyse WinTerms (C10LE) at a three-site medical clinic. All WinTerms at each site connect to a group of 5 RDS servers that are running in a VMware cluster. The connections are made after going through a Barracuda 340 Load Balancer. An issue started about 2-3 weeks ago. Providers would be in the middle of reading/editing a patient chart in Centricity (CPS10) and suddenly be booted out of Windows and back to the WinTerm desktop. This issue is still occurring despite rebooting the Load Balancer as well as all of the RDS servers.

Has anyone heard of similar issues in a like environment? I've looked for a way to monitor/troubleshoot the situation but I'm not sure if I should be looking at the WinTerms, Load Balancer, the RDS servers, VMware or Centricity. One thing I did notice is that the date/time difference between the WinTerms and the RDS servers are way off! The time on the WinTerms is exactly 10 hours ahead of the RDS servers and the date is about 7 months behind (July, 2011). I also looked at the wnos.ini file on a handful of WinTerms and it is completely blank. Not sure if the previous IT support group was even using the wnos.ini files...I personally think that this is where the problem lies but am not sure how to configure the wnos.ini file to get time from the Time Server.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger

No Responses!
No Events found!