Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

June 16th, 2015 09:00

Windows 2012 R2 VDI - Dual Screen Mode

Windows 2012 R2 VDI - Dual Screen Mode

Hi everyone,

We've been using the D10D with our vdi environment with a good deal of success...but I just came across an issue that I can't seem to figure out how to fix. We're trying to get dual screens working, and while this section works in the ini:

Dualhead=yes Mainscreen=1 Orientation=hort Taskbar=mainscreen Align=Center MonitorAutoDetect=yes

Thats only for the local side of things. We have a VDI Broker that is giving us the RDP settings for all of our apps...but how do we configure it? If I go in and manually change the individual RDP application, under "connection display" theres the setting "span on both monitors". If I change it to that, it works great. But how do I make that the default, instead of Display on monitor 1 only?

For reference, here is my wnos.ini (with some things removed). The top Connect=RDP is for if the users just need a normal RDP connection, not anything to do with VDI.

signon=yes
autoload=0
Dualhead=yes Mainscreen=1 Orientation=hort Taskbar=mainscreen Align=Center MonitorAutoDetect=yes

Connect=RDP \
Description="Remote Desktop Connection" \
LocalCopy=No

VDIBroker=****
AdminMode=Yes Admin-Username=**** Admin-Password=****
Priviledge=None
KeySequence=yes Ctrl+Alt+Del=yes Ctrl+Alt+Down=no Ctrl+Alt+Up=no
Seamless=Yes FullscreenReserved=yes
DomainList="Corp"
AddCertificate=4.cer
AddCertificate=3.cer
AddCertificate=2.cer
AddCertificate=1.cer
MaxVNCD=1
VncPrompt=No Accept=5
TimeServer=10.20.50.5,10.20.50.6
TimeZone="GMT - 06:00" \
Daylight=Yes Start=030207 End=110107 \
TimeZoneName="Central" DaylightName="Central"
Sysmode=vdi
ConnectionBroker=Microsoft
ScreenSaver=10 LockTerminal=2
SessionConfig=RDP USBRedirection=RDP ForceSpan=Yes

623 Posts

Verify that the version of Windows you are using for your VM is either Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate. Go to www.wyse.com/manuals and search for KB 21018 for more details.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey RMontalvo, thanks for your response.

We're running Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

If I go in and manually change the individual RDP application, under "connection display" theres the setting "span on both monitors". If I change it to that, it works great. But how do I make that the default, instead of Display on monitor 1 only?

The Windows VM isn't the issue, because we can get it to work. I just need to know how to make that checkbox be checked by default (I'm assuming its in wnos.ini, but I can't find the right setting anywhere).

623 Posts

VDI broker settings control this. Take a look at the Desktop connection properties on your server.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17 Posts

June 16th, 2015 10:00

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn235779.aspx

Check this link for modifying VDI Remote collection properties.

No Events found!