Start a Conversation

Unsolved

TH

1 Message

June 4th, 2018 08:00

Wyse 3040 Thin Client and multiple duplicate IP addresses

Hello,

We have about 40 x new Wyse 3040 thin clients on site using DHCP with scope options and i am seeing the below error message on my switch for all 40 terminals:

(Multiple duplicate IP addresses of which is the default-gateway)

May 10 2018 11:18:22+02:00 DST PHX-BAS-C01 %%01ARP/4/ARP_DUPLICATE_IPADDR(l)[0]:Received an ARP packet with a duplicate IP address from the interface. (IpAddress=172.22.12.1, InterfaceName=Vlanif12, MacAddress=8cec-4b5b-2a06)

The error existed on the old HP switch, and on an old Cisco switch and appear on a new Huawei switch. 

172.22.12.1 is the default-gateway address for our data network!!!

We are only getting this error message with this particular model of Wyse. Older Wyse terminals are not flagging up error messages anywhere else.

After talking to 2nd line support i discovered that they did not configure anything specifically for this new model. They did not upgrade the firmware, they are using the same config file as older Wyse terminals and have not configured anything at all... simply out of the box and onto the network.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations please to resolve this problem? 

Thanks in advance...

25 Posts

May 28th, 2019 12:00

I have implemented Dell Wyse 3040 Thin OS 8.6 into our Citrix Xen Desktop 7.15 environment. I have not encountered any such issues yet. It has LAN connection.

Thanks,

Rupesh

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

May 30th, 2019 12:00

Make sure you upgrade to the latest firmware at support.dell.com

If you are still getting the issue open a support case. You can get network traces from the device and provide them to support.

No Events found!