Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2015 08:00

Wyse Admin Password?

Wyse Admin Password?

i've searched and searched and even asked dell. but NO ONE can seem to give me a admin password for these things. Our company purchased over 30 of these and not one can be set up. I need the Admin Password.

THESE DO NOT WORK
Wyse#123
Dell#123
wyse#123
dell#123
Administrator
administrator
Admin
admin
#Wyse123
#wyse123
#Dell123
#dell123

those are some I can Think of we tried but still NO LUCK. it's not the keyboard either i verified the keys are correct and even used the virtual Keyboard NOTHING? anyone have this problem or HOW CAN I RESET THE PASSWORD?

623 Posts

June 15th, 2015 08:00

WTOS device do not have an Administrator account nor a user account, therefore there is no password. You can lock the administrative functions of the client via the WNOS.INI file, but you define the password by using the following parameters:
AdminMode=Yes \
Admin-Password=

You can find more details in the WTOS INI reference guide available at www.wyse.com\manuals

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Posts

August 28th, 2020 14:00

I have this problem

I recently received a shipment -  200 pcs of used  Wyse Tx0 from Germany

I have tried everything possible within my reach to unlock the admin / bios in other to reset to factory default. No way

I am seriously in a big loss if nothing can be done. 

Any body with useful information?

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

August 31st, 2020 07:00

For BIOS you would need to contact support.  For the OS password (ThinOS, Windows, Linux), if it is not one of the default, then it is what the previous owner has set.

If the previous owner did not reset it to default, or factory erase the system then you would need to download a new factory image and leverage the USB firmware tool to flash the device to a factory default image.

#Iwork4Dell

11 Posts

March 1st, 2022 19:00

You can't do that if USB boot is disabled in the BIOS, and you can't enable it because the password is set.

1 Message

July 18th, 2022 04:00

Use the "Fireport" password for BIOS, case sensitive.

No Events found!