Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C2

June 23rd, 2015 07:00

Wyse Cx0 admin password

Wyse Cx0 admin password

Hi,

Im new to wyse so apologies in advance if this is a stupid question...We have several Wyse cx0 terminals that we do not know the admin username and password for (everything is locked except for display settings). A previous employee set these up and it doesnt look like any password were documented. Is there any way to reset this password and unlock these? I believe that are managed by an '.ini' file?

June 24th, 2015 05:00

thanks very much for the response.

reason for my question is id like to know if its possible to install network printers locally to the Wyse terminal or is this done per session on the RDS farm?

thanks!

can anyone help, please?

623 Posts

Cymru,
There is no admin password, as everything is managed through the INI file. Check the WNOS.INI file for the following entries:
Privilege= and change that to high to be able to make changes on the thin client.
You may want to visit our knowledge base at www.wyse.com/manuals and download the WTOS INI reference guide and become familiar with the INI file.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

623 Posts

You may want to take a look at knowledge base article #22971 available at www.wyse.com/manuals and enter the number in the search window.

Roger Montalvo 

Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

June 24th, 2015 10:00

thanks for that, really useful.

It doesn't explain how to tailor for individual users (that I can see), is this possible as opposed to everyone having the same printer?

No Events found!