Highlighted
2 Bronze

Wyse T10 Connection and Citrix Access Gateway VPX Hostname Length

Wyse T10 Connection and Citrix Access Gateway VPX Hostname Length

I'm testing a new T10 device and attempting to connect remotely through our Citrix Access Gateway VPX to our VDI-in-a-Box setup. When entering the hostname to create the new ICA connection, I am unable to type the entire address as the field doesn't appear to allow for long paths. Unfortunately our domain name is quite login and I must also append the entry with /http/192.168.115.16/dt/PNAgent/config.xml. Is there a way to allow for longer hostname entries? The device is running 7.1_122.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ken

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks. I actually did get with a sales engineer last night and he caught the issue with our CAG VPX setup. CSG must be enabled and we don't have that option, so we'll just have to find another device. He did mention that a future firmware update to the T10 would update the Citrix Receiver to work much like the iPad version does, which should solve our issue as we can connect fine with iPads through our CAG VPX.

Thanks again for your help through my issue. I actually learned a touch.

Ken

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Thats true. The Xenith 2 platform, which is actually the same hardware as your T10 but with a different zero engine on it, already has the updated receiver. If all you are doing is VDIIAB then you could conceivably get away with using that device today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

So the Xenith 2 can connect through CAG VPX without CSG enabled? I presume it's simply making a direct ICA connection. And we do only have ViaB, so no need for an RDP client as the T10 has.

0 Kudos