Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

June 16th, 2015 04:00

Wyse Thin OS Basics

Wyse Thin OS Basics

Hello

I've received for tests a wyse s10 thin os client. I tried to configure this device with the wnos.ini file like I do it for the wyse xenith. When I start the thinclient, the message "Netboot failed: Please check file server configuration" appears. I can check the wnos.ini file when I click on "View INI settings" so the fileserver is reachable and the wnos.ini file accessible. Are there some additional basic components which I have forgotten? Or should it normaly work with the configuration in the .ini file?

I've only configured the options below in the wnos.ini file:

#Wyse Terminal signon settings
signon=0
autoload=1
#Priviledge=None

#ICA Connection
connect=ica \
description="App1" \
icon=default \
username="username01" \
password="users password" \
domainname="company windows domain" \
browserip="Citrix XenApp Datacollector" \
application="XenApp Application Name" \
autoconnect=1 \
Resolution=1024x768 \

Thanks a lot in advance for an answer.

Zuegi

167 Posts

June 16th, 2015 04:00

Sounds like your S10 only has the "WTOS 7 bootloader" but not the actual image. ThinOS 7 image does not fit on S-class so it can only be "netbooted" (i.e streamed during bootup). So looks like you need to place the full WTOS 7 image for s-class on your server for it to be able to boot up correctly.

I would recommend trying a C10LE so the unit can boot up and you can test it without needing a central server to stream the image and INI (at least initially during your POC). This is because the C10LE is newer and has enough space to store to new WTOS 7 

June 16th, 2015 05:00

can someone please explain how to place the full WTOS 7 image for s-class on your server for it to be able to boot up correctly?
where can i download it? 
please help.

167 Posts

Where did you get the software from? My understanding is that the commerce.wyse.com or self-service Wyse website should have the image you burn onto S10 (bootloader), plust the full image that is "netbooted" as well as instructions in the release notes.

Please check the site and review the release notes which should have the needed details.

623 Posts

Visit our knowledge base at www.wyse.com/kb and select the knowledge base tab. Search for KE # 10566 (just enter the numbers in the search box). As for upgrading the S10 to version 7, check KB 21942. You will need to purchase the software upgrade or contact the Dell Wyse sales department for information on how to purchase the upgrade.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2 Posts

I am having the very same issue where I get the error message "Netbootfailed: please check file server configuration" and it is only after I have upgraded to 7.0.0_30. So where do I get the full wtos 7 image to place on my ftp server?

Here is my INI file:

;************************************************* ************
;* General 1 *

autoload=1
Fileserver=FTPSERVERCORRECT Username=Correct Password=Correct
;Privilege=None

;* General 3 *

TCXLicense=**********************************
TCXLicense=***********************************

;* Display *

Resolution=1024x768 Refresh=60
DeskColor="0 128 255"
DesktopColorDepth=32

;* Network *

VDIBroker=Correct broker
ConnectionBroker=Default
SignOn=Yes ConnectionManager=Hide DisableGuest=yes
DomainList=My Domain

4 Posts

Hey hangulo..

Thanks a lot for your answer!! Now it's clear..

Zuegi

No Events found!