Highlighted
maxsven
1 Nickel

Wyse ThinOS and a USB document Scanner -PCoIP

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

I have a WYSE 3040 Thin client running ThinOS 8.6_013.

I am using PCoIP to connect to a Windows 7 desktop with a document scanner connected via USB to the thin client. The scanner never works from the Wyse thin client but works fine if I use the Horizon client from my physical laptop running Windows with the scanner plugged in.

This definitely has to do with a Wyse configuration - I have tried to tick multiple different options under the global connection settings

- USB Device redirection ticked

- Nothing excluded

- everything else unticked

Thoughts? (Tried several Wyse clients - same results)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxsven
1 Nickel

Re: Wyse ThinOS and a USB document Scanner -PCoIP

Jump to solution

Yes - the driver has already been installed - on the windows desktop but not on the Wyse client. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does the scanner require a driver?

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
maxsven
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Yes - the driver has already been installed - on the windows desktop but not on the Wyse client. 

0 Kudos
maxsven
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thoughts please? ideas??

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

If the scanner is a TWAIN scanner it likely will NOT work.  Twain is a windows only feature, which would explain why it works under your windows workstation.

You may be able to tinker with Disabling USB redirection for the protocol, and do a forced redirection using the method below.  You would need to monitor the event log for the VID and PID specific to the device when you plug it in.  

https://www.dell.com/community/Wyse-Virtualization-Software/USB-device-not-redirecting/td-p/4652809

0 Kudos