Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

June 25th, 2015 00:00

"Contacting File Server" freeze in ThinOS 7.1_122

"Contacting File Server" freeze in ThinOS 7.1_122

Hello!

First of all, our company only has ten Wyse terminals (all Wyse R10L) so far, maybe there will be more in the future, but for now those ten devices are just fine. Eight of them we bought last year (ThinOS 7.0_133), these are running perfectly without any problem.

The other two terminals were bought about two months ago, these are running ThinOS 7.1_122 and these show a strange behavior.

All he terminals we use have static IPs (no DHCP) and the users like the Zero Launchpad GUI. We also do not have a WDM server or anything like that (we'll change that when we have more of those devices). So far so good. This worked fine with ThinOS 7.0_133, but not with ThinOS 7.1_122.

After configuring the new terminals I rebooted them and recognized that the terminals freeze while booting saying "Contacting file server ..." (they freeze for about five minutes) even though I did not set a file server.

After the delay, I re-checked the "Central Configuration" dialog, the "File server" text field is empty. Even if I "cheat" and enter 127.0.0.1 or localhost as the file server, it freezes as described above.

I then checked the terminals with ThinOS 7.0_133 and recognized that the "File server" text field is also empty there ... same file server settings on all terminals.

Is there a way to bypass the "Contacting file server ..." thing without updating the firmware? 

Thanks in advance!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hey.
Acquired several T10, ThinOS 7.1_122. There was the same problem.
If you solve it?

7 Posts

Same appens to me, i solved by setting-up a simple FTP server with a WNOS.ini and the users files inside.

August 31st, 2017 07:00

Have you found an option to bypass the  "Contacting file server ..." thing?

No Events found!